Game Walkthrough Problems?

Greek

Rookie
I would like to do a video game walkthrough of OBLIVION/ i have tryed Camstudio/Fraps thats about it and i cant get it to work properly because when i do the videos it lags alot and pixelaited and it looks very bad so i was just wanting to ask if its somthing im doing wrong or? should i get a capture card i just dont want to spend alot of money,

( with audio ) *Commentary*

- Greek

* Please note that i dont take the time to notice my computer hardware as in the video card or anything remotely related*

Please wright back and thank you!

*Idk if im supposed to post this in the tech help so idk if u move it please PM me* :cool:

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Well we kind of have to know your computer's specs. I mean if you're trying to capture videos on a old, crappy single core system, you're SoL.

So, what are your specs?

Greek

Rookie
Geforce 9800 gtx 512mb ddr3

M3A78-CM Motherboard

18x Internal DVD-ROM

4gigs of ram

*This is the best i can tell u so far

Greek

Rookie
4g hard drive

M3A78-CM Mother board

512Mb DDr3 9800 Gtx/ i think i have this cuz one of my drives broke idk if this is the one

*Most as i can get*

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
I need more than that.
And you only have a 4GB harddrive? You sure? Or did you mean 40GB?

Greek

Rookie
4gb ram and plus we used a thing called Tune-Up.com/org and it messed up our computer idk made it slower what else do u need?

mattM_-

Famous
4gb ram and plus we used a thing called Tune-Up.com/org and it messed up our computer idk made it slower what else do u need?
Hahaha, ok well first go to http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and download that. There you can tell us ALL about your computer.

2nd, don't ever go to those website tune up sites or PC repair sites. They're junk!
What your going to want to do is download Avast! Antivirus (Do the FREE download!). Run Avast! and do a full system scan. Don't worry about the 30 day trial, because you can register (quick and easy) and get a whole year for free.

Now, I am not sure what operating system you have (I'm assuming Windows), go to Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>Right click on the Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.

Once the black command prompt box opens up type:
For Windows XP AND Windows Vista: "defrag c: -f" without the quotation marks. (Can someone confirm on the Vista defrag utility, I'm not sure on what extra options they give)
For Windows 7: "defrag c: /H /X" again without the quotation marks.

If you have trouble on the defrag utility, type "defrag -?" without the quotations and it will show what parameters you can specify. I love to use the command prompt defragging tool because it takes very little resources. And I am just guessing that your harddrive might be too full and don't meet the 15% free space so I added the -f to force defrag.

Also run a disc clean up (Start>>Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>Disc Cleanup. Select your C: drive (Default for Windows Operating systems) and delete whats already checked for you.

Ooops, I kinda forgot to help address your problem. Even on a suped up computer, it won't show the exact frame rate you might get. It's been quite some time since I used Fraps, but you can adjust how the video is captured in the Video capture options, correct?

Last edited:

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
The processor, mainly.

Get these programs:
CCleaner.
Avast!.
Spybot Search and Destroy.
Malwarebytes.

Install all of them,
Run CCleaner first, do everything, the Clean-up and the Registry fixes.
Then run Avast! and Spybot S&D, but not at the same time, as that will cause thrashing on the HDD (which is not good). Once those are done,
Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 at start up, then select Safe Mode, no networking), then run Malwarebytes full scan.

That should have your computer back to kick-ass performance. Sure, it'll take a while, but it is well worth it.

Last edited:

Seto~

Rookie
I would like to do a video game walkthrough of OBLIVION/ i have tryed Camstudio/Fraps thats about it and i cant get it to work properly because when i do the videos it lags alot and pixelaited and it looks very bad so i was just wanting to ask if its somthing im doing wrong or? should i get a capture card i just dont want to spend alot of money,
After you do what was previously mentioned, you first would need a paid version of Fraps, though I'm sure you've done that. Now, if you have a small HDD (Less than say 100gb) Fraps will take up a lot of your HDD space. I recommend you run fraps at 30fps because the higher the set FPS the harder it would be to run. There is not very many settings for fraps so if there is still problems you may have a PC that is not good enough to run fraps.

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Try running it in half of the full resolution at 30fps. That's what movies/tv is at. Well, film is at 24fps, and tv is at 30fps.