** Blackmesa Moving! **

Can I assume the new =(eGO)= Test Server I've seen popping up is where Blackmesa will be moving to? The IP for that server was probably for an older server that got taken down and never got pulled from my favorites list, I'm assuming.

I'm unsure. However, there is an IP listed on the front page now for the new Blackmesa server. If it matches, you win the Most Observant prize!

I think the first people in the server when it changes, should all go down to A, and one by one jump into steve as a celebration thing of the server change. :D

I support this idea 100%. :)

what are we doing with the old BM server?

The short answer is: nothing. The current BM server is really but one server instance running on a physical server box that is running several concurrent TF2 server instances. This is standard operating procedure in not just the gaming industry, but the IT industry in general.

To be more specific, we are reducing the number of TF2 instances on Blackmesa's physical server by one as we currently believe that server to be overtaxed, resulting in potential lag issues across all TF2 instances on that box. Blackmesa is moving to another eGO server that is currently underutilized and which will be able to serve up a TF2 instance without any trouble.

In short, this move should improve the quality of play across all of TF2's servers.

IP is up! But it's called =(eGO)= Test, and it's locked.

I tried guessing the password (I guessed 'steve' :p) but it didn't work :(

:D

Just wondering when hlstatsx will be up and running on the new blackmesa server, this is the reason its empty right now and if we can get it up and running asap we can fill it faster.

I truly hope thats not the reason for it being empty, I feel you should play on a server because of the map or the people, not because it has Stats that are easy to get up. Otherwise, I think that the reason its got less people is that our regulars (including all the eGO members who know about the move) still go to the old one. IMO The best way to transfer the population is for the most part no eGO members should go to the old one, even if the new one is empty, join the new one and message your friends in the old one to come to the new one to fill it up and spread the word.

It really seems like no one's going to be going into the new Black Mesa server until the old one gets taken offline. There are 5 people in the new server, and 28 in the old one. Most of the people in the old one are eGO members who should know about the move, too.
Also, I don't see the new server in the listing with all the other eGO servers. That's probably not helping, either.

The other problem is that not many know of the new server and even though it says that blackmesa is moving it is still open and has more people than the new one. Which causes people to join the old one and will continue to stay like this till the old one is taken off.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have messages coming up saying that this server will be disabled and please join the new BM server (ip). If you have not done already i think that this will inform the pubs of the change.

As many/most of you already realize, this change has been made. We welcome feedback on how the new server is performing, please forward it to an Advisor or submit it via the Drop Box.

Back