StarCraft II Discussion

NoEqual

Poster
How is the game? I have heard mixed reviews but am thinking of picking it up soon.

Please tell me how you like it and dislike it.

Amazing game, the people that are giving it bad reviews are either freaking out about the lack of LAN which they announced along time ago or they are just getting stomped and aren't trying to get any better.

The game is fun once you get good, but it has a really steep learning curve, so you need to figure out what your doing, a lot of people play a couple of matches and get beat and just go play custom games.

Custom games are awesome as well, pretty much limitless map editor which you can make your own game modes.

Singleplayer is great, the cinematics are top notch and all around epic.

Everyone seems to be loving it, http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/starcraft2.

i dont kno what else to say besides RTS perfection. I loved SC1 for so long and waited for the day this game finally came out. Im a huge HUGE starcraft nut (to the point that i read all the starcraft books as well) and this game is just plain incredible. i LOVE it. And i hope to god that the starcraft 2 trilogy isnt the end of starcraft. I kno it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but i really hope blizzard doesnt conclude the starcraft universe with this game. The story and the history in starcraft, all the designs, everything about it, needs to continue. This game was beyond epic and the starcraft universe still has soo much potential. There is so much material to work with that even after 12 years, books are still coming out from the starcraft 1 game. Now we have starcraft 2 and i hope the books keep flowing. If you never read one, read one.

As a Starcraft fan I'm already biased to how awesome the game is, but its Campaign is very fun and cinematic, well worth the $60 price tag. This little booklet that gives a bit of an overview of the prologue of the first game and then an overview of the first game and its expansion, its just not the same as playing it. In other words, to truly appreciate SC II you need to play the first one. Multiplayer is also fun, I've been watching Husky and HDStarcraft on Youtube for awhile, you all should too.

It's a very fun game. I've never played SC before picking up II and I was impressed with the Campaign. Multiplayer is fun and can get deep once you get over the learning curve.

Is it the best RTS ever? I dunno, I've always been partial to Age of Kings; but SCII is definitely very solid despite the lack of LAN. I still cringe at that $60 price tag tho >.>.

The game is freakin awesome! Have yet to finish campaign, but this far, it's been the best game ever! Every mission is unique, it's always a different challenge.

It's a very fun game. I've never played SC before picking up II and I was impressed with the Campaign. Multiplayer is fun and can get deep once you get over the learning curve.

Is it the best RTS ever? I dunno, I've always been partial to Age of Kings; but SCII is definitely very solid despite the lack of LAN. I still cringe at that $60 price tag tho >.>.
Wc3 when it came out was 60$.

It's inflation, 50$ back then is now equal to 60$.

The expansions are going to be less though, around 40$.

Also, we have a starcraft 2 forum section now so might want to go there for sc2 stuff now.

Last edited:
Wc3 when it came out was 60$.

It's inflation, 50$ back then is now equal to 60$.

The expansions are going to be less though, around 40$.

Also, we have a starcraft 2 forum section now so might want to go there for sc2 stuff now.

Ah, didn't know that about WC3, I actually didn't buy it til last year.

I sure hope the expansions will be less.

Somehow, I can't buy into the Inflation bit. I can't see that as a justifiable explanation when there are plenty of games still being released at $50.

I love it (got a free pass via FrikFry - thanks Frik)...however, I will be waiting until I can get it cheaper than the high price it's at now.

I'm actually a bit surprised people forgot about spawn copies.

Starcraft was unique in that you can spawn copies of starcraft on anyone's computer. People with spawn copies could play on battle.net or on networks as long as the owner was playing with them. I will never forget the day when a friend brought a copy to work and spawned installations on all our computers. Entertaining lunch-breaks I tell you. At least that is why I think some people were disappointed in the fact no LAN features were included.

The gripe about having just a terran campaign is understandable. Most people would rather have 3 short campaigns instead of 3 separate installation of longer campaigns. Especially since its going to take them 1 or 2 years additionally to release the protoss and zerg campaign. Add that on top of the unique $60 instead of the usual brand price $50, it does give off the vibe of "milking the franchise".

It is what it is, still a great game. I just miss the spawn feature. I didn't even know I missed it till I realized it wasn't there.

well its not that the next one to come out is JUST a zerg campaign. There is going to be alot more contect. New units for example, most likely tons and tons of new maps. Things like that. Each game will almost be its own game. Just like when starcraft 2 came out, expect the expansion to be very very different.

Starcraft 2 reminds me of warcraft 3 to much, one of the main reasons i didn't get it is because i don't want to be wasting money to play a game thats almost exactly like warcraft 3 but with different graphics etc..

Starcraft 2 reminds me of warcraft 3 to much, one of the main reasons i didn't get it is because i don't want to be wasting money to play a game thats almost exactly like warcraft 3 but with different graphics etc..

If you think of it that way, Warcraft 3's a waste of money because it's almost exactly the same as the original starcraft. Same goes for company of heroes, Dawn of War and Command and Conquer. They all use similar interfaces and units so that people who play another RTS can somewhat easily migrate over to another RTS and not completely suck if they ever get bored or whatnot. Especially all the F2P rts's like league of legends are dumbed down versions of DOTA, which derives from WC3.

Back