Intelligent Weapon Discussion #5: Scout's Secondary

Which weapon do you prefer to use in the Scout's Secondary Slot?

• Pistol

• Bonk! Atomic Punch

• Crit-A-Cola

• Total voters

Dreadmaker

EGO Addict
Hey folks... time for round number 5.

The scout's secondary provides some interesting choices; the practical pistol, that seems to find its use whenever you need to do things at long range, or when you're out of the ol' scatter shot. The two lunchboxes are both situational, but carry significant benefits, although with crit-a-cola specifically, there are also fairly significant risks.

What do you think?

Stat reminders:

Bonk:

• Makes user invincible for 6 seconds
  • Cooldown: 24 seconds

Crit-A-Cola:

• Grants user 6 seconds of guaranteed mini-crits
  • Also makes all incoming damage mini-critical for 6 seconds

Discuss.

maxsell_jackal_full_auto_pistol_nickel.jpg

It's fully automatic!
And I tend to die a lot using the cola/bonk...

The pistol is the most useful out of all them, hands down. You can use it to light up enemies from a distance, and if you're out of shots with your scatter, you can easily polish them off with the pistol as well.

Furthermore, the pistol does around 15-20 damage per shot, with 12 shots available you can hit up to 240 damage. If you take into account crits, each hit is 45 damage for around 600 damage per 12 shots.

The two drinks just aren't as practical and I don't see the point in losing a firearm...If you use either of the drinks you'll be left with only the Scatter Gun and the Bat for weapons. The Scatter gun is useless at long range, and has 6 shots, so once you run out, things probably won't be looking good for you.

To quote Call of Duty: "Switch to your secondary, its always faster than reloading."

I'd say if I play scout I'm usually doing what the name suggests "scouting"
so I'll bring a bonk and report how many sentries I can see.
so my team can take em out
That is if I have a team who is paying attention to me.
which half the time they aren't

i like the bonk. its fun to stunn ppl and kill them or shoot them off something.

Negative, thats the Sandman, a melee slot item, the Bonk for secondary is the drink that makes you invincible.

Anyway, Pistol, hands down, no contest. The damage and range potential of it makes it loads more useful than either the bonk or crit-a-cola which are both extremely situational weapons.

I don't play scout, but I'd probably have to go with crit-a-cola. I hate getting crit'd in the face, practically a one-hit-kill if I'm unlucky by some punk scout I should be able to blow to bits with my rocket launcher. I'd go with bonk second because most of the time I don't even know the scout has used the item and I just go chasing him not even able to do anything. Both are pretty distracting to me, and I honestly don't recall getting taken down by a pistol.

Hey folks... time for round number 5.

The scout's secondary provides some interesting choices; the practical pistol, that seems to find its use whenever you need to do things at long range, or when you're out of the ol' scatter shot. The two lunchboxes are both situational, but carry significant benefits, although with crit-a-cola specifically, there are also fairly significant risks.

What do you think?

Stat reminders:

Bonk:

• Makes user invincible for 6 seconds

Crit-A-Cola:

• Grants user 6 seconds of guaranteed mini-crits
  • Also makes all incoming damage mini-critical for 6 seconds

Discuss.

You forgot the Lugermorph >.<

The pistol. If used well, its good at all ranges. Plus if you can click fast, it will fire fast. Haha.

Its automatic. True, but its also automatic. Automaticness.

I'd say if I play scout I'm usually doing what the name suggests "scouting"
so I'll bring a bonk and report how many sentries I can see.
so my team can take em out
That is if I have a team who is paying attention to me.
which half the time they aren't

No thats what Spies do. They Scout. Scouts do what their name doesn't suggest: Cakery.

Pistol. All the way.
You can pick off that pyro waiting for you to get close to ignite you, and you will see them twitch figuring if they must keep shooting their flare guns or chase you.

I use Bonk, but very rarely. I use it for stuff like going across the 2fort bridge cover while there's a lot of people camping battlements, or a few really annoying snipers are playing.

Umm I recently got the crit-a-cola, and I got to say, depending on the map, it can be pretty usefull. I'll explain: I'm a big Turbine player, the center is very large and stuff, and when my team controls it, I can drink my cola, get up in the ennemy spwan, kill 3-4 easily without bothering about the crit-a-cola downside because I move too fast for them. That's what I think, but other than that, the pistol is very useful.

Scout is my most played class, so I'll just keep it short and simple:

Scout may have the best capture speed, but by and large the Scout is designed to kill. That's his best job. In a 1-on-1 with any other class in the game, at the highest skill levels, the Scout will always win.

As a result, what helps the Scout most is a supplement to his firepower, and the Pistol does this the best. It add damage that will finish off an opponent when reloading is not an option (i.e. you're out of Scattergun or you were using the FAN and didn't finish the job right).

The Crit-A-Cola is somewhat useful, but its ability to have yourself hurt more makes you rely on using it in ambushes rather than direct combat. Just by having to rely on ambush, you already greatly limit the Scout's combat potential. It's just not very cost effective.

And Bonk! is only useful if you're playing constantly playing the Sentry-distractor Scout, which is an extremely niche role and can be filled by many other classes by themselves.

Well obviously the bonk because it gives you the ability to shoot rockets without having to reload constantly. Sometimes when I try to double jump onto a platform and can't make it, I have to switch out constantly my pistol for the bonk, so I can rocket jump up. Furthermore, the bonk gives you splash damage, so you just need to shoot at people's feet! But then again the crit-a-cola gives you immunity for 24/7 so it is preferred to use the crit BUT it is banned by edgegamers because they don't like the 24/7 part...just look at their server..they hate the "24/7"....so bonk ftw.

The pistol is so weak, it's not even worth using. I crafted my pistol about 24/7 days ago, and like it was the best move ever...Like the pistol only does -3 damage only, never does it do more than +10 damage. Worst of all the pistol causes you to lose health when shooting the pistol cause of the recoil...gosh you guys are weird.

Last edited:
Well obviously the bonk because it gives you the ability to shoot rockets without having to reload constantly. Sometimes when I try to double jump onto a platform and can't make it, I have to switch out constantly my pistol for the bonk, so I can rocket jump up. Furthermore, the bonk gives you splash damage, so you just need to shoot at people's feet! But then again the crit-a-cola gives you immunity for 24/7 so it is preferred to use the crit BUT it is banned by edgegamers because they don't like the 24/7 part...just look at their server..they hate the "24/7"....so bonk ftw.

The pistol is so weak, it's not even worth using. I crafted my pistol about 24/7 days ago, and like it was the best move ever...Like the pistol only does -3 damage only, never does it do more than +10 damage. Worst of all the pistol causes you to lose health when shooting the pistol cause of the recoil...gosh you guys are weird.

Obviously.

I like Crit a Cola

I can bonk heavies being healed by a medic and if the stun lasts long enough it'll only take 5-6 shots to bring him down. If your a good scout you won't and shouldn't even let those enemies hit you. In theory that is :p

Pistol wins!!!!
and still does when dealing with annoying snipers, you dont have to drink bonk just bcoz of those snipers, you can just pull out your pistol and give them 3 or 4 shots, which will prolly make the sniper runaway, and when your getting chased by a pyro which already has been damaged with your scatter, jut pistol em to death..... oh btw heavys are the easiest, jump over their head and bat em to death LOL no bonk, cola or pistol needed

Back