CoH vs Sc2

which it is better at gameplay and tactical

• Total voters
Starcraft hands down, blizzard knows what they are doing. Starcraft has a extremely long lifespan with constant updates and new maps, along with custom maps and a amazing editor.

The first game lasted 12 years, I'm not sure CoH will even get close that.

CoH is the new standard for rts's. SC2 is the same thing as SC with some new shinier graphics. THe gameplay of SC2 is 12 years old and has not aged well. CoH offers much more depth to the tactical decisions of the commander. The only draw of SC2 is the SP campaign and custom maps. People are holding on to the idea that The only driving factor to the multiplayer is the competition, not the fun factor of the gameplay. CoH is all about the movement of your troops and their composition, along with the precise use of unit and global abilities to make a small force victorious over a zerg rush force. The most effective strat is SC is, and will always be, zerg em to death....

Maps in SC2 are small and cluttered and there is always a best strat for a particular race vs. another race. Pro matches all play out very similarly. The game is determined by the speed at which actions are performed, not by the mind behind the actions as in CoH.

CoH is just one of those meh games from ubisoft
sc2 = one of those awesome games from blizzard.

umm what?

CoH is from relic and THQ. It won game of the year 2006 among many other awards. Have you even played it? Don't feel the need to answer the question, the quote above answers it I think.

-Blue

Starcraft 2. It has the better fan base, the better company making it imo. It has more things going for it. And Brood war went for 12 years and is still going. Its one of the most popular e sports out there and will continue to be so for many years to come.

I have both and company of heroes is hands down the best RTS out there.

SC2 is enjoyable, but its really down to how fast you can click. I never find that there is much strategic depth in SC2 - its all about different rush's....feels more arcade like.

CoH won me over simply because of the possibilities of the units, and how to strategically place and manoeuvre them. Team work is alot better.

I could go on and on. Simply the only way to compare properly is if you are not a SC2 Fanboy/or CoH, otherwise its just down to stubbornness. SC2 might have been good for years...but remember, CoH was not out then.

I have both and company of heroes is hands down the best RTS out there.

SC2 is enjoyable, but its really down to how fast you can click. I never find that there is much strategic depth in SC2 - its all about different rush's....feels more arcade like.

CoH won me over simply because of the possibilities of the units, and how to strategically place and manoeuvre them. Team work is alot better.

I could go on and on. Simply the only way to compare properly is if you are not a SC2 Fanboy/or CoH, otherwise its just down to stubbornness. SC2 might have been good for years...but remember, CoH was not out then.
Yeah, it's all about different rushes in the lower levels when people don't know what they're doing that much. Most games in upper leagues go up to 5 bases at around 30-45mins and is huge on multipronged attacks and tactical descisions.

Starcraft 2 has about 45 different openings (first 5mins of the game..) for each race already, and it's only been out for a month, no strategic depth pff. After openings it just branches off exponentially.

I will be honest. I've played and still play Company Of Heroes, with every huge advantage strategy or firepower wise there is a equal and opposite way to counter it which means.... If you try to charge with a King Tiger do you feel like a beast? Yea until you see they have a Pershing and anti tank guns surrounding their base, thats when you need to use strategy to find a weakness or break through while getting as less damage to your tank as possible.

I have never played Starcraft due to the fact that I have no interest in trying it which is why when I logged on a few days ago to check the ego news and saw the new Strat Division I was very anctious to seeing maybe COH to be on the list rather than RuneScape (Gag), League of Legends (No interest) and StarCraft 2 (No interest but im sure it is a okay game).

From the look of the polls at this point and time though.... 11 COH and 11 SC2 their farely close together interest wise in ego, so I don't really understand some people saying SC2 hands down because your thinking of yourself and not the community as a whole.

Since awards was brought up, I am pretty sure Starcraft picked up a few game of the year awards. I am not saying COH is not a good game just saying I like Starcraft more and wanted to make it known that Starcraft also has that wonderful game of the year award..

Hmmm

if you go just by pure tactics, I have to say CoH.

SCII, while I have never played it, but many other RTS are similiar in that build order and mass spamming is more important than placement of units.

COH is much more tactical from a unit perspective in the gameplay effects. If you use tactics, you can easily stop a rush with a 1/10 of the amount of units using the proper tactics. SCII is more about how many X units can I build before I rush with them.

I personally find it like comparing apples to oranges. You wouldn't play CSS for the realism ;)

Hmmm

if you go just by pure tactics, I have to say CoH.

SCII, while I have never played it, but many other RTS are similiar in that build order and mass spamming is more important than placement of units.

COH is much more tactical from a unit perspective in the gameplay effects. If you use tactics, you can easily stop a rush with a 1/10 of the amount of units using the proper tactics. SCII is more about how many X units can I build before I rush with them.

I personally find it like comparing apples to oranges. You wouldn't play CSS for the realism ;)
Again... Starcraft II unit control is HUGE. You need to get flanks, have better positioning, and unit control to win battles. It's a huge part of the game, I'm really tired of all these people saying the units don't require control..

The small little things you have to do with your units takes a ton of skill and tactical decision making, being able to do stutter step micro, tank placement, high ground advantage, blink micro, splitting army, muta micro etc.

People are generalizing the game from seeing a few low level games, or just trying for themselves, massing one unit and 1aing across the map. Sc2 has way more intricate unit control than any game I've seen.

Last edited:
Back