worth buying?

Uh...yes? If you have the time to put into it. Really big learning curve, but amazingly fun to play after you get over it.

and there's always custom games

Game will probably keep people interested for another 12 years.

Imo, yes it is!

Game like this can be play for a long time. (Look at SC 1 people still playing it!)
Not talking about the single player but the multi-player.
You will be meeting new players everytime with new things to learn and experience!
And so far the multi-player is free (battle.net), and lets hope it stay that way!

Even if you find yourself not interested into the "Real Time Strategy" game, there are tons of custom maps that you will be able to play.

Is like how I got my Warcraft 3 just for dota, I rarely play the actual game. Most of the time I'm in custom maps!

Imo, for $60 it worft for what you're getting compare to other single players PC game where you cannot resell the game unlike console.

i see,how does the game run? is it a big resource hog? and how is the multi-player?
It runs pretty well on lower end systems, the multiplayer is awesome albeit a bit difficult at first. The game is constantly evolving with people finding new strats and micro tricks, the skill cap is so high in this game no one will ever reach it.

My current spec is :

Q9550 stock
4 GB ram
Ati HD 4890
1920 x 1080

I dont think it takes much to run this game if you put on low/medium settings.
I run everything at max settings and I get around 40~50FPS.
Game is very smooth, no lag or anything. Unless you come at me with 200 units it wouldnt lag me at all.

As for the multi-player. Battle.net 2.0 is not that good compare to the old Battle.net.
The channel system are gone so you cannot chat and such.
But I play with my friends most of the time so is okay for me.
Just harder to *party* up with random people or clan-mate unless I add them on friendlist.

The match system is pretty decent. Usually match up with people around your level; not like the other player would rape you or you rape them :scared: !!

There are quite a few of custom games out there at the moment.
But majorty of them are very buggy and no complete yet.
I think in a few months time the custom maps will be much better.

My current spec is :

Q9550 stock
4 GB ram
Ati HD 4890
1920 x 1080

I dont think it takes much to run this game if you put on low/medium settings.
I run everything at max settings and I get around 40~50FPS.
Game is very smooth, no lag or anything. Unless you come at me with 200 units it wouldnt lag me at all.

As for the multi-player. Battle.net 2.0 is not that good compare to the old Battle.net.
The channel system are gone so you cannot chat and such.
But I play with my friends most of the time so is okay for me.
Just harder to *party* up with random people or clan-mate unless I add them on friendlist.

The match system is pretty decent. Usually match up with people around your level; not like the other player would rape you or you rape them :scared: !!

There are quite a few of custom games out there at the moment.
But majorty of them are very buggy and no complete yet.
I think in a few months time the custom maps will be much better.
Blizzard are adding chat channels soon. They said that a little after release in a patch they would add them.

Also, I forgot to add this is one of the few games where skill really matters. Tiny differences change the game, if a player controls his units better he's going to win the battle. 1v1 is the most popular, and if you lose it's all your fault, you lost because of something you did not because of teammates.

Last edited:
i see,how does the game run? is it a big resource hog? and how is the multi-player?
Yes it is a resource hog but they give you enough to make a good sized army and multiplayer is interesting but a little difficult because you never know if they will rush you or hang back and build the big toys so you have to prepare for anything.

I havent played it, but i have looked at some gameplay and reviews on Machinima / Machinima Respawn, and it looks worth the money

campaign is about 2 days if you play non stop and its only the terran not all races. Imo i think it should be worth 25 to 30 bucks.

campaign is about 2 days if you play non stop and its only the terran not all races. Imo i think it should be worth 25 to 30 bucks.

2 day campaign is HUGE then. I mean, most games are like 12 hours or so, just my average guess.

So i think im looking at it now

it is a good game so go for it! I would not mind getting it but no money and no job and no one around me is hiring so i have to wait for probable another 3 months maybe because ill be 18 so more job stuff.

Back