CPU Cooling Failed :(

JonL

I made one post
My CPU Fan/Heatsink is defective. I have never seen a computer jump from 55 to 102 C in less than 2 seconds. So no games for me until I get a replacement :(

Heatsink/fan combo, right? Is it easier to install than the Core 2 Quad Intel stock...That thing is a real pain..

Yea, thats pretty much the same thing as the Intel Stock heatsink I have. Its a real pain to install...Im getting a new one for free soon, so hopefully that will work.

My CPU Fan/Heatsink is defective. I have never seen a computer jump from 55 to 102 C in less than 2 seconds. So no games for me until I get a replacement :(

Did you apply thermal paste????

That sounds exactly what happens when people either don't apply it, or apply it incorrectly.

Where the hell are you seeing the 212+ for $20? It's $50 at Newegg.

Read reviews on it. Newegg has bumped the price since they released an article about it being so great. $20-$30 everywhere else. always good to have more than one source of places to buy stuff.

Yeah, okay, but where is it for $20? I just googled it, and the lowest that came up is $23, from a random website that I would never buy from.
And I do have more than one source, but newegg is just the best.

Back