Suggestion for case fan

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Ok, so im needing 2x120mm case fans. Im looking into some of the Scythe fans. Any other fans that you guys would consider?

not really interested in led's. i am interested in cfm tho. noise isnt generally that big of a deal since i usually play music thru my speakers. those cooler master fans looks good tho.

I would not use R4s on an H50. R4s have very poor static pressure, which is required to help push air through the radiator fins.

R4s make wonderful case fans though!

They work just fine on my H50, maybe a different fan would work better, BUT they work awesome with my rig O/C to 3.8ghz..

and yes the do make awesome case fans also :p

I was wondering what you guys thought of Scythe fans? Like I said, LEDs arent that big of a deal, im looking more for air flow than that "oh look how cool those lights are" bit. Last year I saw a guy who had a case fan to where it felt like a reg fan that you could use to fall asleep w/. It blew air out that much @ at such a high rate of speed. It was indeed loud, but just felt like talking about it (not suggesting that I want that).

Scythe Gentle Typhoons are incredibly quiet and have exceptional static pressure (if you want to use the for rads/HS). Scythe Slipstreams are really good as well (push alot of air, not too loud, bout $9 a fan). Scythe Ultra Kaze are nice as well (push alot of air, thicker than the average 120mm fan, very noisy and dont throttle down well).

If you want cheap fans, high speed yate loons are about $2.50 a fan, push ~90 cfm, not too loud. I bought 10 of them for ~$26 dollars shipped from Jabtech (some will tell you they are the "fake" ones, but they still work great for me).

If you really want Scythe, the slipstream is probably the best fan (IMO).

Scythe Gentle Typhoons are incredibly quiet and have exceptional static pressure (if you want to use the for rads/HS). Scythe Slipstreams are really good as well (push alot of air, not too loud, bout $9 a fan). Scythe Ultra Kaze are nice as well (push alot of air, thicker than the average 120mm fan, very noisy and dont throttle down well).

If you want cheap fans, high speed yate loons are about $2.50 a fan, push ~90 cfm, not too loud. I bought 10 of them for ~$26 dollars shipped from Jabtech (some will tell you they are the "fake" ones, but they still work great for me).

If you really want Scythe, the slipstream is probably the best fan (IMO).

For case fans, not HS/Rad.
But I agree.

Back