What are Your Thoughts on Legal Jailbreaking?

Tricoro

Thread Junky
just a thoughts on it

and look at this vid this guy has a good point

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZhz3gmuw7U[/ame]

I came in here expecting a thread on legally breaking out of jail.

I was disappointed.

Any-who, it is your device, you should be able to use it how you want as long as it doesn't break the law, and since it is legal...

Well I've got an iPod touch

I payed apple the full price of their product, therefore I should be allowed to modify it as I please, since I now fully own the device

apple will find a way to fight it.

there pretty bad control freaks.

which is why i never going near a iphone
and that apple can be very difficult to deal with.

Apple locks things down so they can guarantee everything will work at it's best

That being said, I'm more interested in Home-Brewed OS's over Android.

things rarely do work there best and that isn't the reason they restrict tons of things and it has nothing to do with keeping the platform stable.

Dude, they bricked a bunch of iPod Classics for a few months with a "software update" just so they could motivate them to buy newer iTouches. There was rampant complaining about it all over the net, and the quick fix, it turned out, was to reinstall your iPod Classic's software using a third-party program, like Winamp.

Eventually, Apple fixed it, but it took several months. They manipulate the trust of their customers to a massive extent. Why do you think they overcharge for the same components everyone else gets? Why do you think they intentionally hold back features they could've implemented just so they can add them later on the newer, better edition?

They're a bunch of tools.

Dude, they bricked a bunch of iPod Classics for a few months with a "software update" just so they could motivate them to buy newer iTouches. There was rampant complaining about it all over the net, and the quick fix, it turned out, was to reinstall your iPod Classic's software using a third-party program, like Winamp.

Eventually, Apple fixed it, but it took several months. They manipulate the trust of their customers to a massive extent. Why do you think they overcharge for the same components everyone else gets? Why do you think they intentionally hold back features they could've implemented just so they can add them later on the newer, better edition?

They're a bunch of tools.

+1

and there soon to lose there big spenders, the people who spend 7k on a maxed out mac pro.

there starting to really piss of adobe and adobe no longer want to support them with there software, so if that happens apples loses all the people buying the computers for graphics and design.

and they broken coreaudio's working with other audio DAW aside from apples pro logic countless times so soon there going to drive away the music industry using there hardware and OS

I came in here expecting a thread on legally breaking out of jail.

I was disappointed.

Any-who, it is your device, you should be able to use it how you want as long as it doesn't break the law, and since it is legal...

me2 <.<

Back