time for a update

Fear Feathers

Forum Fiend
Ok so. I think its time I upgrade me pc, well i mean, totally upgrade everything except the gpu since i can stick with the gtx280. but ofcourse I'm on a budget. If you guys can just give me a list (with total price) of a good build thats better than what I have now (which shouldn't be too hard) that would be great.

So my specs right now are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 *are those core i3 better than this?*

Asus Striker Extreme 680i

2x Mushkin Enhanced 991557 2GB EM2-6400 DDR2 (4 GB total)

Zalman CNPS9700 LED cooling but i think its time i get a newer one.

and a gtx 280 stock evga which im thinking about keeping.

& I'm also thinking about throwing away the cooler master cm stacker 830 and getting a Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower.

oh & a 1000 watt power supply i'm thinking about keeping. idk if its gone bad so.

basically i wanna change everything but the gpu - and i kinda deciding on getting the 1200 antec case.

Get the HAF 932, great case, and it's not thebthing that everyone and their dog uses.

Keep the 1000w psu, you will know if it's gone bad

What's your budget?
And the 1200 is horribly overrated. It's a bad case. You'd be much happier with a HAF 922/932.

ohh snap amazon is selling the 922 for $90

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RC-922M-KKN1-GP-Tower-Black/dp/B0026FCI2U[/ame]

featherfoot.jpg

Pro. I mean pro.

What's your budget?
And the 1200 is horribly overrated. It's a bad case. You'd be much happier with a HAF 922/932.

I have the Antec 900, and it's a wonderful case. I'm starting to outgrow it though, and I'll be getting the 1200. It's not all about being flashy, to me functionality is the most important aspect.

The 900 and 1200 have great airflow, and the fans are perfectly placed so that I have a straight shot from the front of my case, through my CPU fan, out the back.

I have the Antec 900, and it's a wonderful case. I'm starting to outgrow it though, and I'll be getting the 1200. It's not all about being flashy, to me functionality is the most important aspect.

The 900 and 1200 have great airflow, and the fans are perfectly placed so that I have a straight shot from the front of my case, through my CPU fan, out the back.

No they don't.
Do we need to go through this again?
They were good cases. But now the HAF series stomps all over them.

Back