Attention Overdose SC2 Players

KR Decade

EGO Is My Life!
Seems those who overplayed the game receives some punishment. That is.... Graphic Cards Melts!!

For the time being, I've set all graphical into low. Eventhough my laptop requirements is good enough then the Minimum requirement.

So, fellow SC2 friends, please be carefull! :)

Keep cool: StarCraft II burns graphic cards

Last edited:
Lmao I like when he goes "Damn, we know its that hot, but come on!" lol, something like that.

if you play a game long enough, in a room hot enough, in a case with restricted enough air flow -- to cause a even five year old video card to MELT then there are many more things that need to be looked into rather than the game itself.....

Do you smoke cigarettes or any other things by your computer? Heat attracts smoke, and when coupled with a computer fan will suck smoke right in there and grime up your whole tower.

huh i played Sc2 for about 10 hours and nothing happened maybe it only happens to some graphic cards only.

I think this was on a while back about the actual in game menu causing computers to overheat.
I noticed it yesterday when my GPU was hitting 70C while just in the campaign menu.

o_O well i play on medium... i haven't experienced any lag yet so lets hope nothing happens
but thanks for the warning

I think this was on a while back about the actual in game menu causing computers to overheat.
I noticed it yesterday when my GPU was hitting 70C while just in the campaign menu.

I was in a 4v4 match with some buddies last night and during a push w/ a decent amount of units on the screen, I saw my GTX260 was hitting 71 degrees celsius. :(

It was ok after I jacked up the fan spd tho. Despite seeing the articles, was not expecting my card tah get that warm...

I was in a 4v4 match with some buddies last night and during a push w/ a decent amount of units on the screen, I saw my GTX260 was hitting 71 degrees celsius. :(

It was ok after I jacked up the fan spd tho. Despite seeing the articles, was not expecting my card tah get that warm...
70c isn't bad for gaming... video cards are rated up to 105c before anything bad happens.

Back