scariest game you've ever played?

Jerry

Rookie
Thief 3. Not horror-esque for the most part, but more of a psychological scariness and atmosphere that pervades the whole game.. sneaking in the shadows, holding your breath as a guard passes a few inches from your face.. etc. Definitely a game to play in the dark!

P.S. There was also that one level where it feels like the game devs were like: how can we make this level especially scary? Make it an orphanage? Or an asylum? Ah, screw it, make it BOTH and add zombies!

Fatal Frame was pretty scary due to the terrible camera, and the general concept of the game.

Trololololol?

The scariest game I've played would be Silent Hill 4 (I think) The Room. Or the The Door. One of the two.
The most psychologically intense game I've played would probably be... Metro 2033. It has so much atmosphere, it's almost ridiculous. I highly recommend it if you want a game that will make you feel like you are there, play it.

I would have to say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl

I am always worried about anomalies, face suckers, the random mind controllers. . . and not to mention the snorks flying at your face.

truly a terrifying game, but epic to play.

Trololololol?

The scariest game I've played would be Silent Hill 4 (I think) The Room. Or the The Door. One of the two.
The most psychologically intense game I've played would probably be... Metro 2033. It has so much atmosphere, it's almost ridiculous. I highly recommend it if you want a game that will make you feel like you are there, play it.
Nah, I'm serious the game scared the hell out of me. You have to look through a camera to see the ghosts, so you don't see them till there like 2 ft infront of you :/

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

It is a game about Cthulhu of course it will be scary.

Personally Dead Space, but it was the good kind of scared. Like they took the movie Alien and made it better and scarier than hell. The remade version of RE 1 was also terrifying if played in the dark with surround sound and no one at home.

Bioshock. Even thought it wasn't really scary, it was more just creepy/disturbing, a psychological thriller. The enemies themselves were kind of creepy, and they keep respawning. The one thing that makes it bad for me is that the entire game is pretty much spent in darkness.

Also, it pulls things like this every now and then.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRNzfILcbg&feature=related[/ame]

FEAR, lol. Do not play through on a hard difficulty, at night, with the lights off and sound up, for the first time. Seriously creepy.

Bioshock. Even thought it wasn't really scary, it was more just creepy/disturbing, a psychological thriller. The enemies themselves were kind of creepy, and they keep respawning. The one thing that makes it bad for me is that the entire game is pretty much spent in darkness.

Also, it pulls things like this every now and then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRNzfILcbg&feature=related

Hahahahhahaha!!!

"ooh ohhh ooh.... AAAAAAAAAH"
Priceless.

Mine would have to be Dead Space, after about an hour my nerves would be shot and I'd need a break. The original Manhunt was creepy to me for some reason too. I don't do horror games very well.

The scariest game ever is tf2

agreed lol

but really, i have to say F.E.A.R, because that little girl is scary as hell. two parts come to mind when i remember that. one is when you turn around to climb down the ladder and shes right there, GAHHHHH scared the hell outta me.

and also in the end, when your on the heli and you see her climb on, OMG THAT FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!!!!.

take it tho, that it was pretty cheap scare tactics XD.

when the other F.E.A.R games came out, meh, already know whats coming, so wasnt scary then.

F.E.A.R wasn't scary in the least. Any game where you can spike enemies to the wall instantly loses the ability to be scary. I mean you're basically death incarnate in that game.

Though Monolith's other horror series, Condemned, can get pretty nerve racking at times.

Back