Intelligent Weapon Discussion #6: Medic's Primary

Which weapon do you prefer to use in the Medic's Secondary Slot?

• Blutsager

• Syringe Gun

• Total voters

Dreadmaker

EGO Addict
Hey folks, it's that time again.

Let's talk about the medic's syringe options.

Blutsager:
  • Restores 3 health per successful hit.
  • Reduces natural healing level from 3-6 health per second to 1-4 health per second.

For the record, that healing thing means that when the medic is in battle with the regular gun, he heals 3 health per second, while he's getting damaged. When he's been out for 10 seconds, he gains it at 6 health per second. The blutsager lowers it by 2, in both cases. Both do the same damage, and have the same crit chance.

Thoughts?

A medic needs to rely on a partner for protection, and being able to heal yourself faster is better while in combat and you'll be back faster with the syringe gun. Blutsauger is good for battle medics, but really they don't usually contribute much to the team. Yes there is always an exception to this but I'm talk about in general. I use the syringe gun 90+% of the time.

Now this is a tricky one, because it's almost completely balanced.

Normal syringe gun is for those Medics who are more likely to run from a fight than stay in a long and sustained one.

Blutsauger actually lets you be pretty dangerous, but it's best used for one you've been caught in a corner and need to break your way out. Technically, with good enough aim, you can out-DPS a Heavy from medium distance using the Blutsauger. In the right hand, it's one of the deadliest weapons in the game.

But personally I go with the regular needle gun, mostly because I just don't want to worry about hurting others to heal myself. Besides, I mostly use the ubersaw to attack people as a Medic anyway.

I myself prefer the syringe gun becuase I really don't fight too much and I'd get healed more from the regen rate then I do with the Blutsager. Now if am just messing around I'll equip the Blutsager and Bonesaw to become battle medic =P

Now this is a tricky one, because it's almost completely balanced.

Normal syringe gun is for those Medics who are more likely to run from a fight than stay in a long and sustained one.

Blutsauger actually lets you be pretty dangerous, but it's best used for one you've been caught in a corner and need to break your way out. Technically, with good enough aim, you can out-DPS a Heavy from medium distance using the Blutsauger. In the right hand, it's one of the deadliest weapons in the game.

But personally I go with the regular needle gun, mostly because I just don't want to worry about hurting others to heal myself. Besides, I mostly use the ubersaw to attack people as a Medic anyway.

Agreed.
I think that with a good enough Medic-Buddy, you shouldn't worry about having to fight others (unless they die). If I'm trying to run back to spawn or to where the rest of my team is, I don't want to have to rely on damaging others to regen. health.

I agree this is a tricky one to compare, although without a doubt I go with the syringe gun. Why you might ask, well me being a medic with over 300 hours maybe even 400, I know how to dodge and use the obstacles on maps to my advantage to not even care about getting back health. Back when the bluts had no crits, I still would use the syringe gun for the criticals and every time I would use the bluts I would have full health anyways and my health would stay at full health (sorry for run on there). Blutsauger is a great weapon especially for new players and open maps. It helps with leading aiming, and once you get that down and staying alive down, syringe gun is the way to go.

Blutsauger is for battle Medics. I prefer the faster healing, if I do get into a fight, the needles are deadly anyways and will usually get the kill and I can go back to healing.

As for the battle Medics,
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGXCiYs0EyE[/ame]

Blutsauger all the way. Its situational value makes it so much more useful. The only time that I use the primary is when the person I was healing is dead, and I have someone coming at me. The blutsauger allows you to retreat away, gaining health, or take them head on. A blutsauger gives you health when you need it, more often than not the regen is useless for me.

Blutsauger all the way. Its situational value makes it so much more useful. The only time that I use the primary is when the person I was healing is dead, and I have someone coming at me. The blutsauger allows you to retreat away, gaining health, or take them head on. A blutsauger gives you health when you need it, more often than not the regen is useless for me.

I'm with Artinz here
At long distance a good medic should be able to dodge most of the attacks while still being able to heal.
At close range I hardly think that the syringe gun's extra 2 health regen will help you. Plus if you're using your primary your partner is most likely dead which would mean that extra 3 health per hit for the blutsauger will help you stay alive and avoid that 10 second respawn time in competitive play while damaging your opponent

Ever since they added the passive health regen bonus to the regular needlegun I switched to that and haven't switched back.

i have to go with the blutsauger. why?
well with a good buddy you wont have to worry much but it can always that he dies and your alive. and now there comes the blutsauger into action. it shoots very fast, it gives me 3 health per hit AND its hurting the enemy.
this way it saved my life (and took a few of the enemies teams ;) ) a lot of times when my heavy or whoever died and i tried to survive and get out of the action again.
so im 100% pro blutsauger

All the reason I use Blutsauger have been taken, so Im just posting to say that I use Blutsauger.

As I've said before, (look up how to get healed in my profile). A medics primary weapon is his other teammates. Medi gun works for me. If I encounter an enemy on the way to the front lines and I'm alone I prefer the syringe gun or bone saw depending on the range.

I haven't used the regular syringe gun since I unlocked the blutsauger, it's saved my life more than once from burning to death. Is the health bonus really that noticeable? I might have to try it out again and see how it works.

An extra 2 health per second really doesn't matter much. A pistol could counter that easily. The Blutsauger allows you to be more dynamic with your class instead of "OMG MY GUYZ R DED RUN AWAYZZZZ!!" Although the Needle Gun gives you that tiny boost that has a chance of saving your life, the Blutsauger has more than double the capability to save your life. All in all, Blutsauger 100%.

I haven't used the regular syringe gun since I unlocked the blutsauger, it's saved my life more than once from burning to death. Is the health bonus really that noticeable? I might have to try it out again and see how it works.

If your attacking people it's pretty noticeable.

If you get hurt you begin your health regen at 3 and it increases up to 6 per second. This is much more useful against a surprise pryo or blood based attack weapon that hits you. The blut however, only has a base regen of 1 and it goes up to 4.

Come to think of it, the blut uses the same regen system the medic had back at launch.

An extra 2 health per second really doesn't matter much. A pistol could counter that easily. The Blutsauger allows you to be more dynamic with your class instead of "OMG MY GUYZ R DED RUN AWAYZZZZ!!" Although the Needle Gun gives you that tiny boost that has a chance of saving your life, the Blutsauger has more than double the capability to save your life. All in all, Blutsauger 100%.

It's the difference between "aw guys, I need to bail 'cause I'm on fire/bleeding" and "It's okay guys, I'm on fire/bleeding, but my passive health-regen counters it pretty much perfectly".

Back