Low Event Attendance

Last night at the quickdraw event, 7 people showed up, and that amount quickly diminished to 4. Consequently the event died rather shortly. I was very disappointed by the low turnout, and was curious as to why it may have occured. Is it that the events are no longer appealing to members of the division? Or is it that everyone simply happened to be busy? What are you opinions on events such as quickdraw night, and how often do you tend to attend? Please share your opinions.

i support eGO in any event because if i can i go to it because during that event it ended with me and morbid who just stayed and ramboed and rocketed each other. It was fun but i have never seen this event die but it also happened to melee Monday last week were leadership was not on but i started it with similar rules but no mod and had a total of 6 people who had a blast.

We may consider shaking things up a bit. I was simply busy with Jen, but I am sure some people are getting ready to go back to school ect. If you change up the events however, people may try and make time again for them. Not sure

i support eGO in any event because if i can i go to it because during that event it ended with me and morbid who just stayed and ramboed and rocketed each other. It was fun but i have never seen this event die but it also happened to melee Monday last week were leadership was not on but i started it with similar rules but no mod and had a total of 6 people who had a blast.

the only event I've really been able to get into is Kalt assault but I don't go much because I had to find an advisor to start it up for me every other week. It seems we're content with leaving the server alone unless there is expressed interest to start it. The event tends to kill the server anyway nowadays so there's not much incentive to hold the event.

I don't think it's people being busy. If they enjoy an event enough they'll make time to go to it (Realism on a Saturday night?). I'd like to see Melee Monday scrubbed, Tuesdays and Thursdays made into Wild Cards and Quick Draw/MM added to Wild Card options. Instead of having polls on the forums for events we get people to join the server and hold a vote in there. A little mystery might attract more players to join and even if their event loses they'll at least stick around for a little while which is infinitely more than never joining at all.

Also, zombie mod :drool:

I showed up this Monday for the MM event and there were quite a few people playing. It could just be an off night, I wouldn't worry too much. I was going to show up last night but got an unexpected fire call, plus I worked earlier so once I got home it was family time then bed. Fridays and Saturdays are usually my nights that I go out with my wife, I try to dedicate weekends to my wife and kid seeing how usually either me or my wife are always working and don't see each other much through the week. However, I think ron makes a good point. Maybe we could do up a poll of what time during the day most people are online?

I would love to take part in the special event's but at my age things dont work like they should so to avoid embarrassment for all I regretfully dont attend, but I can understand you disappointment and when the guys read this post from you it may improve the attendant numbers. good luck.

I can't seem to make anything but Realism, and I can't even make that very often anymore, the way my WoW Guild ran things is that real life comes first, but I'm sure there are ppl who were in the servers and ppl simply dont WANT to attend.

The way I see it, if events are getting low attendance, then that event should be scrubbed and its time to move on and think up new things.

Recent events=Fail....Yes all the events i have attended with dutch recently have been rather...how you say LACKING PEOPLE...so i am going to personaly get on vent and steam every time theres an event and let them know so that there is no excuse for the fail and lack of turnout....

I'll try my best to make it to more events, but it seems to me interest in dod is fading in general since it is a older game with newer games like starcraft II coming out taking players away etc.

I think for a lot of us (including me) work or life take precedence. Id love to make it to any event but my odd hours only make my beloved Realism Night a reality. Things are getting even more hectic now with 12 hours days, heck all i do is work and sleep now-- before i keep complaining about my dead-end job working with a bunch of good-for-nothing jerkfaces id love to choke to dea--

Lets try this again. We should all try to make it to these events, everytime i have been able to make it to a pistol or melee night ive had a blast. Nothing really beats playing with a bunch of clanmates and not having to worry about babysitting some pubs with a new found vocabulary of vulgarities (thats Butcherfoots job). Hopefully the numbers can rise again, and if they dont i put all of the blame of Skippy.

Back