is there any way to...

ModusPwnens

Poster Extraordinaire
Is there any way to change TF2 to just being in black and white? I saw it in some videos, but that's probably just from video-editing software. Also, does anyone know what "colorblind mode" is, or if it even does anything?

It would be a lot easier on me if I could just play in black and white.

Thanks

Uh.. that was video editing.

Colorblind mode just makes the jar icon appear over people who have jarate on them. Playing in black/white would take a complete retexturing of the game, and every custom map you play.

Well, according to my knowledge the answer to the first question is no. And the answer to the second one is as follows: colorblind mode, as it's name already suggests, was created with the purpose of enabling colorblind persons play the game a "bit more normally" and I DO NOT MEAN THIS IN ANY OFFENSIVE WAY! The colorblind mode affects the game by putting icons over people that are covered in jarate, it also gives more contrast to team colors so colorblind persons can tell who's who and it changes the colors/contrasts of map textures. I hope this helps.

aww, nuts. Even with colorblind mode it gets pretty hard to tell the difference between red and blu. I hate playing medic, running up to try to heal a heavy, then he blows me to pieces.

Anyway, thanks!

on mine I can, but mine's broken right now, so I'm borrowing one from a friend (<3 thanks crazyrockets!!!) I ended up finding a skin that works great though! Thanks khaotic!

Actually, I think there is a console command for Source games to run in Black and White but it is flagged as a cheat.

My question is, why do you want it in black and white? Are you actually colorblind? I dont mean this question to be offensive. Just wondering.

My question is, why do you want it in black and white? Are you actually colorblind? I dont mean this question to be offensive. Just wondering.

I'm not colorblind, but I do have a "severe" visual impairment. It's called Irlen syndrome, basically it's a neurologic disorder where I don't process colors correctly. I can barely read without using a screen reader, and I get all my textbooks on audio.

I put severe in quotes, because even though that's how I'm diagnosed, it's really not as bad as other kinds of visual impairments. I can still drive and stuff, so it's not that limiting. It's not a physical disorder or anything.

I love gaming, but sometimes it gets hard to tell the players apart from the background, and sometimes much harder to tell one team from another. Since I do have a hard time with colors, it's just easier for me not to have them.

I also have tunnel vision and trouble with depth perception, but that doesn't really affect gaming so much.

And no offense taken :)

Last edited:
I'm not colorblind, but I do have a "severe" visual impairment. It's called Irlen syndrome, basically it's a neurologic disorder where I don't process colors correctly. I can barely read without using a screen reader, and I get all my textbooks on audio.

I put severe in quotes, because even though that's how I'm diagnosed, it's really not as bad as other kinds of visual impairments. I can still drive and stuff, so it's not that limiting. It's not a physical disorder or anything.

I love gaming, but sometimes it gets hard to tell the players apart from the background, and sometimes much harder to tell one team from another. Since I do have a hard time with colors, it's just easier for me not to have them.

I also have tunnel vision and trouble with depth perception, but that doesn't really affect gaming so much.

And no offense taken :)

Ah, Makes alot more sense now.

Sucks to hear you have that issue. I personally am near sighted and i damaged my right eye one summer during football practice. So anything past maybe 7 or 8 feet starts to get blurry for me. But thats nothing that contacts cant fix :p

Is there any way to change TF2 to just being in black and white? I saw it in some videos, but that's probably just from video-editing software. Also, does anyone know what "colorblind mode" is, or if it even does anything?

It would be a lot easier on me if I could just play in black and white.

Thanks

if you went to you graphics card settinsg and stripped the coloring of everything you copuld probably play tf2 in black in white if you didnt mind everything on your pc being black and white and haveing tio switch ti all the time when u didnt want it

Back