Donner!

Winterfell

Poster
Hey all.

While the Donner server usually has 20-30 people in it, it seems like every time I join up there are only 2-4 other members in there, occasionally less, and usually the same ones. So I'd like to urge everyone to stop by. It's a bit hard if you don't know the map, like I didn't going in, but it can still be fun, and just remember to always let someone else go first :)

Hope to see more of you there. :)

i usualy play on ther. but i wont be playing today cause ther was a big admin problem on my css clans server and my head is about to explode.

Yeah, I've seen you about, you're one of the regulars ;)

Would be nice to see more, though, since we can get 15 or more eGO members in the ava server.

I've gotten used to the Avalanche server, but from time to time I stop by the Donner server. Donner used to be my favourite map, but it seems that whenever I start playing I start becoming addicted to new maps, so I can't really say I have a favourite any more... it just seems to be what ever map I'm having fun on at the time.

yeah, you can accuse me of not being a regualr attender in the Donner map... im sorry, i just play horribly on that map, and im not use to it. So i'll try and get on abit when the server is alittle low and find my new spots and such to pwn harder !lol

yea i play the donner map a bit. well its kinda a long story, but i live at a school and i cant seem to get steam past the firewalls. i play at my house, but yea i do play donner when i can.

[quote1168715630=DyeMatrix]
yeah, you can accuse me of not being a regualr attender in the Donner map... im sorry, i just play horribly on that map, and im not use to it. So i'll try and get on abit when the server is alittle low and find my new spots and such to pwn harder !lol
[/quote1168715630]

I play pretty horribly on it too, at least compared to ava. Come anyway! This isn't a clan based on pwnage skill :)

I'm new to Donner, so I hear ya, Winterfell. It takes a little time to figure out the best spots,etc. One way is when you start DoD, don't join a game....instead start up your own server, that way you can check out the map on your own, run around, look at axis and allies areas, choke points, best place for ambush, lines of sight, etc.

You can do that without bugging anybody, or having anyone bug you. I did it myself when I first played DoD or tried a new map. You pick up a lot just wandering around on your own without hassle from other players.

Donner isn't bad, it is spread out, but a person new to avalanche has his hands full. Lots of deadly nooks and crannies in that tiny map.

[quote1168788963=Redshift]
Donner isn't bad, it is spread out, but a person new to avalanche has his hands full. Lots of deadly nooks and crannies in that tiny map.
[/quote1168788963]

muhaha, my little spot

[quote1168791771=Redshift]
I'm new to Donner, so I hear ya, Winterfell. It takes a little time to figure out the best spots,etc. One way is when you start DoD, don't join a game....instead start up your own server, that way you can check out the map on your own, run around, look at axis and allies areas, choke points, best place for ambush, lines of sight, etc.

You can do that without bugging anybody, or having anyone bug you. I did it myself when I first played DoD or tried a new map. You pick up a lot just wandering around on your own without hassle from other players.

[/quote1168791771]

I need to try that....My current method, usually works OK, it follow other people and see what they do. And let them go first. >:)

Meanwhile, we still need more eGO to stop by the Donner server. Even if it's only for 15 mins and you spend the rest of the time in ava, I encourage you all to drop by :)

donner is one of my favorites. flash would be my all time fav. its small and the fights are intense. you got to really work for the last flag. oh man. i love it.

I like donner and avalanche. it took me a long time to gte me used to donner cause i played only ava just hang in there and you'll get better in that map.

Back