Uploading new Avatar

Redshift

Poster Extraordinaire
Whenever I try to upload a new avatar, I get a "resize" message, even though it fits between the required parameters. If I try to use a remote avatar (i.e. photobucket), it doesn't insert it. Is there anything going on in the forum internals? It worked b4, but not now. Any Ideas?

what is an avatar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i nvr understood what it was

Redshift

Poster Extraordinaire
avatar is an image that you choose to define your player name. It will appear under a player's name when they post. You've seen a few of them.....normally mine is a Reaper but has now (annoyingly) disappeared.

Winterfell

Poster
[quote1168819591=ledzep3550]
o thats wut i always thought it was. i jus tried to do 1 but it said bmp files r not allowed :(
[/quote1168819591]

BMP files are disgusting huge compared to other image formats. Sometimes you want this, but generally, jpg/png or whatever else is a better choice. Convert to that and you should be fine.

im not that comp smart. but if u hav xfire giv me that and u can tel me how to do it cause i rather not hijak this thread like wut happened to dyematrix again (even tho i kinda alredy did B) )

Winterfell

Poster
[quote1168827918=ledzep3550]
im not that comp smart. but if u hav xfire giv me that and u can tel me how to do it cause i rather not hijak this thread like wut happened to dyematrix again (even tho i kinda alredy did B) )
[/quote1168827918]

Well, it's easy to explain. Open up an image in MS Paint (start > program files > accesories > paint), go to the file menu and click "save as" When you pick an image name, below that there's a drop down box for the format. Click it and select "jpg."

If you have a more highpowered program like paint shop pro, it's pretty much the same process.

yea i hade the same problum as redshift , oi changed my file type and BANG!!! the work was done

Jakemac

Poster Extraordinaire
Get a free photobucket account and upload that there... Then size it to a avatar size... copy and bast the bottom message.. I really hope you know all this... And make the file [**img] (no stars...) Hope it works!