Medic!

Winterfell

Poster
This game needs a medic class. I mean, we have the call. And it'd be nice if I didn't have to go around with 1hp sometimes, where a nade will kill you from a mile away :p

<end random thought>

[quote1169123317=Redshift]
It wouldn't work. Medics would be the first ones we kill.
[/quote1169123317]

that is what happens in cod3.
we try to revive someone people wait for the medics to finish so the guy gets back up and kills us both. it always happens. and every now and then there is a team killer who kills team mate, revives, kills him again, revives, kills him again, over and over again. it really sucks when that happens to you. lol.

well how about a medic that just heals one person. Not neccesarily revives him. Like the medic goes up to the guy with a pack and just heals him. Yes there is a chance of a nade hitting you but it is worth the risk of getting healed.

that would be better. but then it would become to much like battlefield and call of duty. i kinda want dod to stay the way it has been

They do have a program that i have seen on servers were you simply type medic and you gain some health... But you dont gain health unless your in the red.

i think the medic idea would be a good 1 because u wouldnt die as much. but they should arm them with a good gun too so they dont die either lol !lol !lol !lol !lol

Eh. I don't think medics should be able to revive, just heal people who are low on health. And, of course, they'd ideally have a decent gun like any other class, but not the best thing for sharpshooting or charging in and clearing rooms. I don't really see this as changing the game that much, but as I said in the OP, it sucks running around with 1-5 hp where the slightest amount of damage will kill you. Esepcially if it's from accidentally falling. :p

As for being the first target...I don't really see that. If anything, you'd want to shoot the guy aiming the k98 at you first instead of the guy running around with a medkit healing people. Otherwise you won't be killing much of anyone :p

in america's army operations, they have medics, which dont completley revive ppl but instead gives the medic three medical kits thingies and allow you to heal the person a decent amount

or how about like bf1942 u find the medic cabnit and stand there and ur health goes up and have a few of them in a map. the only bad problem is people could go like 100 kils 1 death stuff like that the game would be harder to kill then it is now

[quote1169312506=SUPERMAN]
or how about like bf1942 u find the medic cabnit and stand there and ur health goes up and have a few of them in a map. the only bad problem is people could go like 100 kils 1 death stuff like that the game would be harder to kill then it is now

[/quote1169312506]

I don't think so, you die pretty easily in this game. I'd just like to see a class that can get a nearly dead person to above 50% hp or so. Like I said, going around with < 5 hp sucks :p

I think that they should only be able to heal you 15% only once a life. this way if you really need it you can heal some but not where you can be god like because you keep getting healed

[quote1169666269=roguesniper]
I think that they should only be able to heal you 15% only once a life. this way if you really need it you can heal some but not where you can be god like because you keep getting healed
[/quote1169666269]

I tend to disagree; it is impossible to have "gods" in dod; people simply die too fast. So, I think it should be higher than 15%, and able to do it any time a player if below a certain %.

Even if medics can heal people to 100% all the time, you still won't have gods. Grenades, headshots, or even just two shots from a rifle can and usually do happen very very quickly. And they kill. If this were Halo or Half-life, I could understand limiting it like you suggest. But it isn't :p

Back