How strong R u???

on wesday i had my finial for weight lifting class, u figured a person that si 5 foot 8 and is only 175 cant bench 280 pounds but i can that is my new max in the weight room there are only 2 ppl ahead of me but their r like over 6 foot so no far B)

not bad for your wieght and height dude. Well im 6'2'' and 160 pounds. Yes im a little small for my height but i can squat around 260 pounds if pushed my self to see but usually i do 200. im really weak around the arms so i cant bench much. But if you guys want to see strong you guys should check out my roomate. holy crap this guy is buff. Like hes 6'0'' and hes about 180 pounds. can life 30 pounds on the arm lift thing. he can bench around 200 pounds.

While maxes don't have to much real world applications, they're excellent bench marks for improvement. Plus, if you only do high reps you aren't changing the routine enough. Your body will gain more strength and at a faster rate if you do switch between lots of reps and high amount of weight. Given that you get at least 3 or 4 sets in with 6 or 5 reps respectively(numbers could be fudged, but anything less won't help to much).

Remember that lifting weights, even low weights with lots of reps, won't automatically increase your real world performance. You still must actively train your muscles for the real world application whatever it be. IF that's the case, there is no reason to avoid heavy weights. For people who don't want to really bulk up, they don't have to worry to much as it's actually pretty hard to do(in the sense that it's just an off practice). While having muscle stamina is good, have strong muscles with that same stamina is better.

ok i weigh about 24 stone and are 6ft 4 inches so i i can squat 200kg and bench press 80 kg 9dont know wot that is in pounds if someone can convert it would be appreciated
peace out 111

6 foot and 185lbs and i can bench 255 and squat 550 as of 5 weeks ago (last time i maxed out). a little high school football can help anyone gain muscle mass real quick. i dont know if i can squat that anymore since i toar my acl the day after i set that max.

and bunnies where on the line did you play? i was a d end and played a little left tackle

[quote1169947948=Noyade]
While maxes don't have to much real world applications, they're excellent bench marks for improvement. Plus, if you only do high reps you aren't changing the routine enough. Your body will gain more strength and at a faster rate if you do switch between lots of reps and high amount of weight. Given that you get at least 3 or 4 sets in with 6 or 5 reps respectively(numbers could be fudged, but anything less won't help to much).

Remember that lifting weights, even low weights with lots of reps, won't automatically increase your real world performance. You still must actively train your muscles for the real world application whatever it be. IF that's the case, there is no reason to avoid heavy weights. For people who don't want to really bulk up, they don't have to worry to much as it's actually pretty hard to do(in the sense that it's just an off practice). While having muscle stamina is good, have strong muscles with that same stamina is better.
[/quote1169947948]
To add a little more to what noyade said, Also if you go on vacation you still need to watch yourself... One wild party could get you from lvl 10 to lvl 7 in one weekend... :O

[quote1169995423=The Pie Baron]
Strong enough to hold my own in a fight. That's all that really matters to me anyhow.
[/quote1169995423]

well, im 15, 155lbs 5' 7-8" and i have a 9mm and a glock so i dont neeed to worry about that lol. but i can bench about 190, not that great but i need to work on it more, going for captian for the wrestling team 3 years in a row :)

I'm 6'2", 250 pounds (yeah im fat) I lifted weights for about 4 months rigorously at school and got up to a max of 200 on the bench press. However, i can squat around 300 lbs cause of my strong legs. I can curl about 70 pounds using both arms (about 5 reps). or one handed curls at 40 pounds using low reps. My left side of my body is stronger than my right side, is that weird? I'm right handed. I dn't play any sports or anything and im pretty lazy !shy oh and im 16.

i can bench about 90 lbs and im 120 pounds, 5' 8' i suck, im more of a brains over bronze guy. rather than beat the crap outa some 1, i would hack there comp and screw around a little, u know, maby break there encription and put a 'back door' in there server, have some fun from there :mad:

Back