choke

I belive its your timing on the game or something... or made how it helps your admin... idk... i just make this stuff up. :p <------- all spam really... :p

My guess, judging from how it goes up and down and from the name, is it has to do with delayed packets. For example, if your connection suddenly becomes very laggy it may not be able to cope with all of the incoming data, which means a packet could arrive when it is no longer useful, or just be late enough to cause a slow update.

But again, that's mostly speculation based on my observations.

edit: fixed typo

OK im guessing because i race mx and all that stuff..

A choke is the amount of gas that goes to the engine at a period of time.

so im thinking its how many gbs are going into the server mabe? im guessing ive heard alot of people talk about it....why i can find what it is for you but why would you need to know? im not trying to be mean im just wondering why.

[quote1170518211=Tr!X]
OK im guessing because i race mx and all that stuff..

A choke is the amount of gas that goes to the engine at a period of time.

so im thinking its how many gbs are going into the server mabe? im guessing ive heard alot of people talk about it....why i can find what it is for you but why would you need to know? im not trying to be mean im just wondering why.
[/quote1170518211]

That would be the outbound kbps (or kB/s) stream :)

Choke is most often caused by the server. What's happening is the server isn't able to send all the packets it needs to be sending and causes this magical "choke." Loss on the other hand is usually a client side problem. I wouldn't worry about choke too much.

Back