AP and Honors

S7R1K3R

Forum Fiend
Is any1 taking any AP or Honors class at this moment or have taken. Cuz i don't know if i should take some next year, since i am taking Honors CHem and AP World History, which i find quite challenging

in high school, i took AP statistics, U.S. History, chemistry, calculus b/c, physics b/c, Government, English literature, biology, and micro and macro economics. took a bunch of honors classes too. ask me anything

right now im in 10th grade and i'm only taking honors Math the rest in CP (level below honors) the classes are not as challenging but i get a high GPA lol

im in 9th and im taking these courses

Algerbra 2 ACE
Chemestry 1 Honors
English 9 Honors
Computer Applications
World History & Civilization

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ those are just for this Trimester though, i take others like study hall, and Manufacturing Procceses lol, and Career Planning and Succes muhaha

ohh and btw, i would take honors if you are passing with like a C+ or a B in the class that you are in and just try alittle harder, plus, you are surrounded (no offence) by smart people that can help you out with you out with your homework. Then all those higher level classes are wieghted, so if you have a 3.5 GPA for example, with wieghted classes you may have a 3.7, or maybe a 3.8! It's also a good way to challenge yourself. plus it looks even better on a resume :)

[quote1171476736=The Snake*]
if you suck at taking tests dont go for the ap thing.
[/quote1171476736]

haha yeah, i use to have test anxiety all the time. until i relized..hey its just s piece of paper determining my future. i could pop this thing in the head with a .30 in my secret spot and pwn it all the way to the Donner server. Duh.

Ok im done bein gay haha

[quote1171481777=DyeMatrix]
[quote1171476736=The Snake*]
if you suck at taking tests dont go for the ap thing.
[/quote1171476736]

haha yeah, i use to have test anxiety all the time. until i relized..hey its just s piece of paper determining my future. i could pop this thing in the head with a .30 in my secret spot and pwn it all the way to the Donner server. Duh.

Ok im done bein gay haha
[/quote1171481777]

lol :D

S7R1K3R, i have some info for you. As for myself, I had been making straight A's all through my school life. I am a 10th grader this year and decided to take AP World History. At the beginning, everyone was petrified becasue of the amount and difficulty of the work, however a little past midway through the year, we are feeling much more comfortable. If you plan to take AP and Honors classes, you CANNOT make lower than a C, that would defeat the puropse and if colleges see that low of a grade, they will put your name at the bottom of the stack. PM me if I can be of any more help.
oh, and what state do you live in?

AP Classes are easy long as you pay attention..... Just do your thing, and cut down on DOD a bit. I only play about 30 min to hour a week. And Couple hours on Sat and Sunday. Remeber, study, read the subject's book when you take crap, or when ur doing anything. It will help.

well the only thing i can say is ease yourself into the workload. if you're going to take all ap classes (minus gym) like i did in senior year, make sure to have enough equivalent level classes in junior year so you know what to expect and you don't get overwhelmed. with that said, the amount of work i got in senior year made life stressful... at least for the first semester.

Trust me, first semesters always hard, because teachers want you to drop out, but 2nd semester, its soooo much easier.

Back