Help skin stuff

Pablo

I made one post
my brother unkownly downloaded some crap that makes the MG and Sniper skins look really off colored and lit, where would i go to try and correct this? its for the Ally/axis sniper and MG

or another option (im not sure if this will work, so u might want to get it confirmed by someone else) is that you can use system restore and restore your computer to the day before it happened.

i'd stay away from system restore...u don't wanna reset ur whole computer just to save a game...reinstalling steam would be a good idea, but u should 1st try and locate the files u downloaded by checking all your source folders. or find the spot where ur bro downloaded them...and see if u can reverse the process.

Go into the following folder: <steamfolder>\SteamApps\<account name>\day of defeat source\dod\, that has all custom files for the game, have a look around in the models and the materials, it should be in one of those. If in doubt just delete the entire folder, nothing will actually be lost as the default data is in the .gcf file.

If that doesn't work...ehh...

[quote1172461822=Duggles]
Go into the following folder: <steamfolder>\SteamApps\<account name>\day of defeat source\dod\, that has all custom files for the game, have a look around in the models and the materials, it should be in one of those. If in doubt just delete the entire folder, nothing will actually be lost as the default data is in the .gcf file.

If that doesn't work...ehh...
[/quote1172461822]
it should be in the sprite or model folder.... just look for something that shouldnt be there. if you cant seem to find it then jsut delete the entire folder...you can always redownload and it will take less time than reinstalling steam.

[quote1172513614=The Snake*]
it should be in the sprite or model folder.... just look for something that shouldnt be there. if you cant seem to find it then jsut delete the entire folder...you can always redownload and it will take less time than reinstalling steam.
[/quote1172513614]

Deleting the folder won't actually require it to be redownloaded because the .gcf file contains all the default settings and materials, maps, sprites, models etc. It would just take a little longer to load as Steam would have to extract the files from the .gcf file again.

Back