DoD freezing

c0rnfish

I made one post
I've been having some weird trouble with DoD that just started about a week ago..

Randomly while I'm playing DoD, usually twenty or thirty minutes into a round, my game will freeze when something happens, stuff like a grenade exploding.. rifle firing.. footsteps, usually what seems like a loud sound, and it will repeat that sound over and over.

Is this some weird bug? I've had one other person tell me they've experienced similar things. My PC is practically brand new and the video card can more than handle DoD, so I'm not sure what it is.. hopefully Steam's fault.

Suggestions? :(

that usually happened on my computer which i think is not really good, so i put my settings lower in the advanced sections of video, try putting everything to low or medium, that helped me a lot

This is a very common problem with alot of players with DOD:S. Infact, I had this problem about 3 months ago. Without success, I updated then downgraded drivers, reformated, lowered settings, custom configs, swapped ram, ect. Nothing seemed to work.

Then I came accross this post in steampowered.

run the DXDIAG, go to the Sound option, and turn off the hardware accelaration. Then exit, and then run it again and change it back to full accelaration. Then run the game again. It will not crash anymore. But this method can only minimize the crashing problem, it will still crash if the Direct X setting gets a reset anyhow, but normally I only get 1 or 2 times per month ( I play it everyday).

This worked for me greatly, although a week later I discovered also that my CPU was hot and going into shutdown mode also. I took a Vacuum and cleaned the heatsinks and the rest of the case. Also applied some new thermal paste. I have not had a problem since.

Try it out and good luck.

DO NOT PUT A VACUUM INSIDE YOUR PC!!!

For the love of all that is holy, please don't. The vacuum will create friction with the air and the metal inside the computer, causing a static electricity buildup, and this can fry your motherboard/HDD/whole computer.

Instead use an air can (you can buy them in hardware stores).

I had the freezing problem whenever I ran xfire. Since I dropped it, there have not been any instances of dod:S freezing

[quote1173470682=Duggles]

For the love of all that is holy, please don't. The vacuum will create friction with the air and the metal inside the computer, causing a static electricity buildup, and this can fry your motherboard/HDD/whole computer.

[/quote1173470682]

lol is that why your computer is not working.... :? wait if its not working then how did you post? B)

Don't get me wrong. I use an aircan also, but being allergic to dusk and it blowing in my face is not a good combo.

As far as a vacuum, I've never had a problem in my last 20 years of computers. Maybe I am just the lucky man. Yet it is good advise to use a can of air.

COMPUTER_ROOM.sized.jpg

Sweet setup, Kendle. It's a lot like mine except you have one more computer box than I do and I don't have that monitor near the ceiling.

..lol, Geeks Unite !!!

[quote1173513915=Duggles]

[/quote1173513915]

But I like to put a vacuum there :( Anyway, will try what Kendle and you guys said.

i'm having this problem now too and i've tried everything mentioned above from reseting direct x settings, in-game settings, fresh in-stall of steam....it is only happening to me in our ava server so far though. STUPID STEAM this better fix itself soon....or i'm gonna be one angry vengefull person!!

I'm having this problem since i played DoD. had to deal with it. I have AMD 64 3200+, 1gb DDR RAM, X800GTO Radeon 256mb, with RS480 MSI Motherboard. And whenever I play DoD, first 2 seconds, is fine, but after that the entire computer freezes, then after 15 seconds, the display gets corrupted. I'm using DVI-D if that helps. Thanks!

Back