Any bikers out there?

masterofpuppets

Obey your master
Any other bikers out there in the =(eGO)= family? If so; post up what you've got.

Mine:
2007 Harley Davidson XL1200L 1200 Sportster Low
[link=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5329/dscn0958gf2hv3.jpg]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5329/dscn0958gf2hv3.jpg[/link]

Flame hand controls
Flame foot controls
Flame shifter peg
Removed passenger foot pegs and mounts
Brawler solo seat
Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 intake and remap
Vance and Hine HS Straightshot slip ons (LOUD!!!)

Harleys, sport bikes, imports, whatever you've got or want. We all share the same road!

My twin brother plans on getting a bike but nearly everyone he has talked to about this tells him that you could get seriously hurt and alot of people die on bikes etc.

I just have a 21 speed bicycle, which is good enough for me (until I'm 18...only 1 year to go!).

I have a 2000 Ducati 996R<---(can only purchase if you have an AMA or FIM race license), european-spec, 1004cc Desmo R powerplant, Fast by Ferracci Stg. III 54mm Carbon Race Exhaust, MGA Slipper Clutch w/ billet drum and housing, Fast by Ferracci Stg. III Powercommander, Brembo Gold Series Race brakes, Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa med-compound race slicks, High-compression heads and pistons, Nearly all internal moving parts are machine-forged titanium, 1 of 49 R-Bikes produced in 2000 and only sold in: Italy, Austria, and Germany-mines imported from Germany.
Carbon fiber: too much to list!, Has been dyno-tuned 148 rwhp and 132lb/ft of torque and 390lbs fully fueled(translation- INSANELY FAST) Topped-out at 204mph on the dyno. 0-60 about 2 seconds, limited by flipping over backwards :) , $30, 000 bike w/$30,000 in upgrades, and NO, IT IS NOT FOR SALE! 6300 miles and im the original owner. When i get this stupid photo thing figured out, i'll post a pic!

[quote1173470156=Razz Ma Tazz [UK]]
My twin brother plans on getting a bike but nearly everyone he has talked to about this tells him that you could get seriously hurt and alot of people die on bikes etc.
[/quote1173470156]

There's some truth to that. However, saying "a lot" of people die on bikes may be a little much. There are a lot of people that 1)learned the wrong way to ride or 2)take too many risks, but not all.

[quote1173470911=Mr. Bucket]
I have a 2000 Ducati 996R<---(can only purchase if you have an AMA or FIM race license), european-spec, 1004cc Desmo R powerplant, Fast by Ferracci Stg. III 54mm Carbon Race Exhaust, MGA Slipper Clutch w/ billet drum and housing, Fast by Ferracci Stg. III Powercommander, Brembo Gold Series Race brakes, Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa med-compound race slicks, High-compression heads and pistons, Nearly all internal moving parts are machine-forged titanium, 1 of 49 R-Bikes produced in 2000 and only sold in: Italy, Austria, and Germany-mines imported from Germany.
Carbon fiber: too much to list!, Has been dyno-tuned 148 rwhp and 132lb/ft of torque and 390lbs fully fueled(translation- INSANELY FAST) Topped-out at 204mph on the dyno. 0-60 about 2 seconds, limited by flipping over backwards :) , $30, 000 bike w/$30,000 in upgrades, and NO, IT IS NOT FOR SALE! 6300 miles and im the original owner. When i get this stupid photo thing figured out, i'll post a pic!
[/quote1173470911]

:O

Aye, it goes without saying being involved in a motorcycle crash has more risks involved than being buckled into a 1 or 2 ton steel cage. A lot of people do pull risky stunts on bikes, but then again a lot of people don't always notice a motorcycle either. I think people who ride ought to be more aware of their surrondings, but a major or fatal accident won't be avoided just because you aren't riding a bike either.

[quote1173471659=Noyade]
Aye, it goes without saying being involved in a motorcycle crash has more risks involved than being buckled into a 1 or 2 ton steel cage. A lot of people do pull risky stunts on bikes, but then again a lot of people don't always notice a motorcycle either. I think people who ride ought to be more aware of their surrondings, but a major or fatal accident won't be avoided just because you aren't riding a bike either.
[/quote1173471659]

Indeed. And picking the part of the lane to be best noticed goes with being taught to ride the RIGHT way. for example; I learned to ride at Harley Davdisons Riders Edge coarse and having better situational awareness, knowing how to be visable, and having a plan to avoid an accident were some of the main parts of the coarse. But yes, it is inherently more dangerous than riding in a car.

Yup
My first bike was a Honda 90 about 1970 or so.

Next came a BSA 650 Thunderbolt maybe around 1972

I was bikeless for the next 12 years when I got my first Harley a 1982 Wide Glide.

In 1986 I got me a brand new Soft Tail Custom ahh my first belt driven. Sweeeet! My wife convinced me to sell it in 1991 for the down payment on a new and a bigger house.

But I got the pick of the litter in 1993 and I picked the love of my life a Wine Red Soft Tail Heritage. Sure was pretty. But atlas in 2000 we moved again to a bigger house and I sold it for $13,000, not bad considering I paid $14,000 in 93.

That will be my last bike. I don’t need a bigger house.
!dodge

masterofpuppets*Agreed,Yeah although riding a bike is dangerous so is everything else for that matter really,it just seems people exagerate about alot of people getting killed on the roads are bikers.

My brother is looking at spending at least £1000 on safety gear alone but you can never out a price on your life.

Back