I would like some help with installing some skins

bucsfan148

I had all my guns skinned in CSS but I'm trying to get some now for DODS but i cant seem to install them. Anyone have any experience with skins that would be willing to help me with the installation.

Thanks

Infected Ice

i wish i could help you man but ive never gotten skins i just use the regular ones. not only that i dont even know how to get them. lol. srry buddy

W

Wolen

i know how i can help you just send a pm with what you need help on

Blazing Heat

EGO Is My Life!
Well, if you for instance download from www.fpsbanana.com they usually have readme file or they tell where to put it in the website. I just installed some skins yesterday and it's done the same way as in cs:s.
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\(steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\hands is a place your hand skins go, then for example weapon models go to:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\/steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\materials\models\weapons\v_models
Oh and it's doesn't have to be the drive C:, can be D: too, it's the place you have installed steam into.
I hope that helps.

@ Infected Ice: Nothing really, just makes the game look awesome !amazed

bucsfan148

thanks blazing heat but i did all that and nothing has changed but dont worry about it im fine with the old stuff just i was wondering if i was missing a step or two.

thanks for your help

BREAK_EM_OUT_JONES

EGO Is My Life!
I like skins because they enhance the look of the game. I think the best skin ive got is my K-98. I got a skin that gives it a lazer scope and it is really cool. Ive got a lazer scope for my M1 Garand too.

If i could help you easily from here i would but its kinda difficult. Try the readme files that come with your downloads.

JMAN

EGO Zealot
[quote1174091730=Blazing Heat]
Well, if you for instance download from www.fpsbanana.com they usually have readme file or they tell where to put it in the website. I just installed some skins yesterday and it's done the same way as in cs:s.
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\(steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\hands is a place your hand skins go, then for example weapon models go to:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\/steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\materials\models\weapons\v_models
Oh and it's doesn't have to be the drive C:, can be D: too, it's the place you have installed steam into.
I hope that helps.

@ Infected Ice: Nothing really, just makes the game look awesome !amazed
[/quote1174091730]

Do you have to make some of those folder names cuz they are not showing up on mine