I would like some help with installing some skins

bucsfan148

I had all my guns skinned in CSS but I'm trying to get some now for DODS but i cant seem to install them. Anyone have any experience with skins that would be willing to help me with the installation.

Thanks

i wish i could help you man but ive never gotten skins i just use the regular ones. not only that i dont even know how to get them. lol. srry buddy

i know how i can help you just send a pm with what you need help on

Well, if you for instance download from www.fpsbanana.com they usually have readme file or they tell where to put it in the website. I just installed some skins yesterday and it's done the same way as in cs:s.
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\(steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\hands is a place your hand skins go, then for example weapon models go to:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\/steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\materials\models\weapons\v_models
Oh and it's doesn't have to be the drive C:, can be D: too, it's the place you have installed steam into.
I hope that helps.

@ Infected Ice: Nothing really, just makes the game look awesome !amazed

thanks blazing heat but i did all that and nothing has changed but dont worry about it im fine with the old stuff just i was wondering if i was missing a step or two.

thanks for your help

I like skins because they enhance the look of the game. I think the best skin ive got is my K-98. I got a skin that gives it a lazer scope and it is really cool. Ive got a lazer scope for my M1 Garand too.

If i could help you easily from here i would but its kinda difficult. Try the readme files that come with your downloads.

[quote1174091730=Blazing Heat]
Well, if you for instance download from www.fpsbanana.com they usually have readme file or they tell where to put it in the website. I just installed some skins yesterday and it's done the same way as in cs:s.
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\(steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\hands is a place your hand skins go, then for example weapon models go to:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\/steam name)\day of defeat source\dod\materials\models\weapons\v_models
Oh and it's doesn't have to be the drive C:, can be D: too, it's the place you have installed steam into.
I hope that helps.

@ Infected Ice: Nothing really, just makes the game look awesome !amazed
[/quote1174091730]

Do you have to make some of those folder names cuz they are not showing up on mine

Back