Game Play Request

I play on the Donner server, almost always on the Axis side, and always as a machine gunner. The reason I always use a MG is because of a miter saw accident from a couple of years ago that left we with only 75-80% use of my left hand (most of the fingers don't respond as quickly or accurately as they used to). This makes it extremely difficult to use any weapon that requires rapid maneuverability (only the index finger works correctly on that hand) . This also forces me into a more defensive role on the team, and that translates into me being a big-time camper. Yes, sometimes it's a bit boring, but that goes with the territory.

I always watch the map and will readily fall back to protect the 1st/2nd flag if it looks like they might become vulnerable to capture. As everyone knows, the axis spawn flags are susceptible to rapid 1-2 capture if the allies press hard enough. I will change my position to a more forward spot if *I* think it will benefit the team.

The last couple of nights I've been on the server, one or more eGO members on my team have taken offense to my propensity for camping and have dropped smoke grenades in front of my position in an effort to get me to move. In reality, they are hurting the axis side by blinding them to allied advances in the field which IMHO, is much more damaging to the team than me sitting in one spot for bit.

I don't whine about getting someone to give up the MG when I join the server, and I don't comment on other player's style of play. I just want to shoot people and keep the other side from winning, and I would appreciate it if the eGo members that smoke me would respect my style of play and stop harassing me.

Thanks for understanding.

But then again I myself hate camping with mg. I always get shot with a mg who camps. It's not that big of a problem, and I think it is allowed. But it is that mg's are hard to kill even without them camping. But harassing you about is not the right way to go, expecially from an eGO member.

MG's aren't what I would call a "scoot-n-shoot" weapon. :)

Most of the offenders are not eGO members, and I realize that there's really not that much you guys can do about those people. The only reason I posted this is because of a couple of =e= people have been doing it lately. Who it is is irrelevant at this point, but if it remains a problem, I can start writing down who it is.

you see an admin on and someone is harassing you, you let him know. everyone is allowed to have their own playing style and that should be respected by all.

I would like to apologize on behalf of us for their behavoir. Just tell us the names and we should be able to sort it out. Also, you are allowed to play the game how you want. If you want to camp all game, do it. This game is meant to be played for fun and if camping floats your boat, by all means go sailing ;p

Fellow MG's unite!

I hate to tell you this, but as a former navy sniper, mg and demolitions guy, mgs are an integral part of any theater of war. Get used to it in a game too.

MG's are used for interdiction (look it up) and suppression. If a mg gets kills in one area, it means they are keeping members of their team from getting killed. You call it camping, the rest of us call it an effective way to eliminate the enemy and keep him away from your teams base.

If you know he's in one spot, then you can kill him with a nade, jump from above or any number of things. Mgs and snipers are very vulnerable.

One of my 7 or 8 spots is in the mouth of axis 1st flag alley facing out. This covers the entrance, the arch above and more importantly the axis 2nd flag. I mow down anyone that runs from the stairs to the 2nd flag. Last night I got 18 kills in that spot alone.

This means that my team survived since in some cases the axis second was the only one left for allies to cap for a victory and it gave them time to retake the rest of the flags or cap allies.

Some of you may not like it, but you'll have to suck it up and deal with it. DoD is pretty close to the real thing and you have the luxury of not watching your buddies get killed in real life as I did.

So to those that complain about a specific class, stop whining and start to kill those mgs, snipers, riflemen, etc. It wasn't too long ago that even anyone who chose the BAR was dumped on.

So....play the game and deal with it....or go to something less stressful like online card games, chess or checkers.

[quote1173987677=blackhawksniper]
I would like to apologize on behalf of us for their behavoir. Just tell us the names and we should be able to sort it out. Also, you are allowed to play the game how you want. If you want to camp all game, do it. This game is meant to be played for fun and if camping floats your boat, by all means go sailing ;p

Fellow MG's unite!
[/quote1173987677]

My memory quite honestly sucks, so I don't remember names, but like I said, I'll write 'em down if it happens again.

BTW, putting something together for the welcome screen may go a long way toward indoctrinating players new to the server. I think you can do a simple html page and link to it from the server.

Sorry to hear about your accident. If you write down their names when people do it, I will make sure appropriate action will be taken. People shouldn't be harassed about their play style.

I love to camp myself. I use the sniper most of my time and if not that then the mg. I came across many people online that will throw smoke grenades in front of me and harass me by telling me not to camp (not EGO members). So I feel for you too buddy.

Here's my two cents on this.

Outlaw programmer, I've called to question the way that you use the mg. My reason is that you camp the first axis flag to the point of nausea. Even your own teammates are constantly telling you to move up and give them supprt, not just members of the other team. You sit back and camp even when you have more than just that flag, making it impossible for anyone to suspect your presence. Once you kill someone who finally makes it to the first flag, you move to another point guarding that flag, making it impossible to predict where you'll be. In the end, all that you end up doing is wasting the straggling allies who spend 10 minutes getting across the map to get that flag. When you have scores like 20-2 which I'm seeing now, I don't see how you can possibly defend this tactic when the rest of your team is getting torn to threads without your help.

Ya know, I had a whole long thing typed out but decided it would be pointless to post it. I think I've decided I don't want to be a member of eGO, and instead of hanging around and playing just to spite Wakka-Wakka, I think I'll just find another server to play on.

u should never be harrased about how you play as long as ur following the rules. but i do have to admit mgs don't really belong in dod esp since mgs slow the game down because they can be pretty hard to take out

mg and snipers dont camp they play defence. If someones playing assault, etc, attack. Someone who plays good defence is always a valuable asset! Keep Rockin' Bro!

[quote1174020430=Outlaw Programmer]
Ya know, I had a whole long thing typed out but decided it would be pointless to post it. I think I've decided I don't want to be a member of eGO, and instead of hanging around and playing just to spite Wakka-Wakka, I think I'll just find another server to play on.
[/quote1174020430]

Have fun on the other server!

Hey man if you want to camp go ahead. i mean i understand that your hand might be partially messed up so i feel for you. camp all you want, you dont have to leave...

Back