eGO Resigns Call of Duty

codtext.png

Statement by Artimus & eGO Council

<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">eGO has decided to close our Call of Duty Division due to dwindling support from members and the CoD community. It was a tough call, with weeks of discussion at the highest levels. In the end, the difficult decision had to be made.

Each division takes a significant amount of resources to maintain the great gaming experience we want our members to have. We do our best to provide those resources for games our community is interested in playing, and even gamble with others in the hopes that we can generate some interest.

With that in mind, we will be looking to support Call of Duty: Ghosts, when it launches in mid-November, with a server and forum space. That is, if the developers follow through with their promise of dedicated servers.

We've asked DarkRaven and whoflungpooatwho to remain as Advisors while we figure out the details of how to proceed with Ghosts. All other COD leadership has been stepped down with our sincere thanks for doing their best to keep the division afloat.
</div>

Whoa, that's harsh. Never thought we'd have to close an entire division. Well, maybe Ghosts will be amazingly popular and we'll have great dedicated servers and get a big community again. Here's hoping!

Well, we had a good run! It was an honor being a Division Leader for the Call of Duty Division for all those years. Unfortunately, life had to make me step down as a DL, and now the division is closing. I'm a little sad, but even when I left leadership, I saw the numbers going down, so I understand why this decision was made. Let's hope CoD: Ghost picks things back up again!

I joined eGO from the CoD: WaW servers we had, but kind of lost interest when they were shut down. Best of luck to everyone.

Thank you all of CoD division and their leadership for all of the fun and great gaming they have been ablle to provide. Was a great run :)

Rest in Peace CoD, the only division I was proud to call home. Thanks to all leadership for trying their absolute best to keep it afloat.

Wow, not something I expected to come see. It's a shame. I did enjoy the time spent on the different CoD games over the period. Just wasn't able to dedicate enough time personally.

I knew the time would come one day, but well done and thanks to all the members and leaders for running it for so long and trying to keep it going!

I started out here and CoD will always be my home! <3 RIP Call of Duty Division! It was fun while it lasted! :crying:

Thank you COD and all of COD Division for many hours of great fun and laughs!
COD was my first multi-player on-line game. COD Winter Crash is where I discovered eGO and was recruited from. It's where I learned to run blindly around corners right into a clay-more, to try to take that one extra step only to fall off the 3-story building...many times, to hear Santa yelling "Ho, Ho, Ho" as he dropped napalm-laced presents on me, to run like Forest Gump across the main street of CrossFire and hoping a sniper didn't take me out, many comedic knife-only fights, where I learned that cooking a grenade takes finesse sometimes with great results....sometimes with a Tom & Jerry cartoon result, to love hearing the sound of a noob tube being fired, ....so many great memories.

I hope everyone I played with in COD Division keeps on gaming in another division of eGO. I look forward to meeting new faces in CS:S and DoD:S, and I truly hope to see familiar faces from COD Division in there.

This made me very sad.. even though a lot of us saw it coming.

I first started playing eGO's CoD servers back in 2008 and officially joined eGO a few months later.

The Call of Duty Division was my home. I have no ideal how many hours I put into those servers during over those five years. Well over 3,000.

I won't go into a list of thank you and memories. How does one separate that type of playing time into a list? You don't.. you just keep it as a warm place in your heart.

Instead I'll simply raise a toast to all the friends I made while there. It was a good run and good times.

And remember, the good times are not over. They are simply moving onto the next phase.

So, I'll either be seeing ya there in my cross-hairs.. or I'll be saving you a spot next to my campfire and we can roast some smores together.

Back