[moved] music.

Classical flutist by training, learned bass to play in the jazz band.. Yep.. Band geek among other things, but it was a ticket to travel.

I have a rather broad taste in music. Oingo Boingo, Dresden Dolls, Ozzy, classic rock, 80's metal... the sick part is actually knowing lyrics to Beyonce. *sobs*

No band here anymore. Used to sing/keyboard for a garage band when I was still young enough to be an idealist. LOL Hats off to anyone working in the business, it's more brutal than the Next Top Model before weigh ins.

I play a variety of instruments including piano, guitar, bass, drums, and I also sing and can mix (raves, turntables, etc. that sort of thing)

I was in a punk/alternative band from 94-96 and DJd at raves from 97-2005.

I currently get my music outlet through my project "3:38" in which I've released two albums. It ranges from industrial noise to quiet piano pieces. I arrange, write, and produce everything. I also play all the instruments and do all the programming and singing. 3:38 is me and no one else, basically.

My first album, "Decade Dismantle" which deals with the falling apart of my 11 year relationship/marriage. It was written in late 2005/early 2006.

My second album, "Destroying Angel," is another concept album, but fiction this time. It's about a man that sees a young girl and falls in love and takes her in a twisted sort of love/obsession and everything, of course, goes wrong. It comes with a free .pdf storybook that tells the story of the album in prose (I'm also a writer with 3 books out and a 4th on the way). It also comes with my ambient/soundscape album "Tones of White" in mp3 format, emailed to the purchaser along with the story book for "Destroying Angel."

You can hear some samples and such [link=http://myspace.com/threethirtyeight]by clicking here.[/link]

My online store for my books and music is cafepress.com/ramatheson.

I listen to everything from classical music to death meatl/grindcore/speedcore. My Tori Amos live concert DVD is right next to my "15 Year Killing Spree" dvd box set by Cannibal Corpse. :)

I've been playing drums for 10 years, bass for 4 and dabled in guitar for 3. I write/record my own music with all three instruments (seperatly obviously), don't have anything posted anywere on the net yet. I listen to pretty much anything with the word metal after it, but my main addiction is thrash metal. Anyone here into metal at all?

i play drums not in a band and i listen to mostly any metal...

favorite bands are DEATH,CANNIBAL CORPSE,DIMMU BORGIR, MEGADETH, immortal, all shall perish and job for a cowboy theres more but too mnay to name..

I know, old thread, but better than making a new one..

I play a myriad of instruments: Guitar (elec. and acoustic..one in the same if you ask me..), Trumpet (7 years), Euphonium/Baritone (5 years), Tuba ( > year), Alto and Tenor Sax ( > year ), Trombone (1 year +..ish).

I started late 5th grade, ended up making first chair with my, now, best friend (major in jazz studies), and head out from there. Started playing baritone/euph. at the request of my teacher in 7th grade, then moved back to trumpet freshman year, moved BACK to baritone/euph. my junior year at request of my director.

Marched trumpet frosh. and soph. year, baritone (section leader) junior and senior year. Marched with a drum corps (www.dci.org for those who don't know/interested), Oregon Crusaders, but had to quit because of complications of my back and $$$ issues..it sucked. My fiance was in color guard (how we met), and marched in the same corps two years prior. She won a gold medal at the international championships; and yes, it's international...for real..not like baseball.."because the French don't have a baseball team. If they did, they would only have left field and no one would be safe!"

Still workin' on more instruments :D I'm a freak about music!!

Back