Donner 3rd Floor

Coldsaw

Poster
Since you like to tinker with the maps, why not add a
3rd floor in the Axis side of the tank street...
Add two attic windows, a floor and staircase...
Just a thought
Martin/Coldsaw

Hey that's a good idea!! Then I can here more footsteps from people who are going to shovel me!!

But seriously that would be an interesting change

good one coldsaw

I think you can't do that without de(and re)compiling the map, making it different so everyone would have to download it again.

Putting fires into maps doesn't require a decompile, just a ripent which is easy to do. With ripent, you can only change entities, not solids.

yea i dont think peple would mind having to download again too much though. Its just a matter of getting someone with the skills (and time) to do it. If i get time after easter i will try getting into the map making thing but no promises lol

[quote1174927130==(eGO)= OutbreaK]
yeah i could probably do that. BUT i dont know where the donner map file is soooo if anyone can tell me where it is, that would be great.
[/quote1174927130]

The Donner map file is in the Day of Defeat Source .gcf file which is in your steamapps folder. You need GCFScape to open the gcf file and even if you do get the file, you would have to save it under a new name so people wouldn't have errors coming up when they are connecting to the server.

yeah but if you do that to the axis side you'd probably have to compensate the allied side somehow to make up for it? just a thought

[quote1175207742=saOsiN]
yeah but if you do that to the axis side you'd probably have to compensate the allied side somehow to make up for it? just a thought
[/quote1175207742]

Seems to me that, at least for snipers, Donner already favors the US side. This could even things up a bit.

Back