World War One Games?

ooo, well. just look up every medal of honor games cuz they are mostly warish, Call of Duty doesnt count since all there games are WW2 i believe

The problem with creating games of WWI was that WWI was complete trench warfare, so you would either get mown down by an mg, mow people down with an mg, or have fun with lots of toxic gas.

The HL1 mod for WWI was called The Trenches. Don't get it as it was a rubbish mod. Anyway, as Crash said, WWI was all trench warfare. It was a complete stalemate and very unlike WWII where there were some good and interesting battlefield theaters.

[quote1176833771=CRASH_OVERRIDE]
The problem with creating games of WWI was that WWI was complete trench warfare, so you would either get mown down by an mg, mow people down with an mg, or have fun with lots of toxic gas.
[/quote1176833771]

The BF1942 mod was a pretty cool idea. It had Zeplins and biplanes and everything.

Mmmmm.... biplanes, the vehicle that is more likely to crash because of flimsiness than being shot down... and zeppelins, all I have to say is Hindenburg.

ya trenches but that games is almost like playing solitare all you do is sit there waiting to either get attacked or attack and the mod for bf1942 looked good nvr played it though

mostly trench warfare was waiting for the other side to move and a very, very, VERY (til the british got tanks and US joined in) long stalemate

[quote1176866252=roguesniper]
ya trenches but that games is almost like playing solitare all you do is sit there waiting to either get attacked or attack and the mod for bf1942 looked good nvr played it though

mostly trench warfare was waiting for the other side to move and a very, very, VERY (til the british got tanks and US joined in) long stalemate
[/quote1176866252]

but its battle field 1942, 1942 was World war 2

[quote1176867475=S7R1K3R]
[quote1176866252=roguesniper]

[/quote1176866252]

but its battle field 1942, 1942 was World war 2

no theres a mod for battlefied 1942 that puts you in world war 1 with the guns back then they were talking about it up there a bit
[/quote1176867475]

dude its more likely a sword and extremely slow and 1 shot rifle war before USA joined with the M1's(it's not different that american civil war => we can call it the global mod for american civil war)
I am turkish so probably i know about it more than some of the american players => no offense guys, just because of my history
Idk it doesnt sound like a good idea. about BF1942 mod: were you using horses? (funny things: wilson was the last president who was watching the military march on horses so just think about it how technology developed new stuff)

Some WWI games:
WWI: The Great War
1914: The Great War
Iron Storm
Curse You! Red Baron
Red Baron 3D
Flying Corps Gold
The Last Express
Red Baron II
Red Baron With Mission Builder
Flying Corpse
Dawn Patrol
Wings of Glory
The Ancient Art of War in the Skies
Historyline: 1914 - 1918S
Red Baron: Mission Builder
Powermonger: World War 1 Edition
Warbirds
Red Baron
Knights of the Sky
Wings
Blue Max: Aces of the Great War
Grand Fleet
Sky Kid
The Red Baron

[quote1176922942=Blazing Heat]
Curse You! Red Baron
Red Baron 3D
Red Baron II
Red Baron With Mission Builder
Red Baron: Mission Builder
Red Baron
The Red Baron
[/quote1176922942]

[quote1176932992=[RoM]Slayer]
dude its more likely a sword and extremely slow and 1 shot rifle war before USA joined with the M1's(it's not different that american civil war => we can call it the global mod for american civil war)
I am turkish so probably i know about it more than some of the american players => no offense guys, just because of my history
Idk it doesnt sound like a good idea. about BF1942 mod: were you using horses? (funny things: wilson was the last president who was watching the military march on horses so just think about it how technology developed new stuff)
[/quote1176932992]

Sorry to say this, but America didnt use M1s... M1 Garand was invented in 1936..... America, like other nations during WWI, used bolt action rifles, called Springfield...... and 1 Shot rifles arent slow, because during WWI, EVERYONE HAD BOLT ACTION! WOOT WOOT! YAY! GO Gewehr 98!! (Later modified to K98 in WWII)

Back