bots

What other servers do to be popular is when their map population gets low they fill the spectators with names so they will always been in the maxed population at any time. If you go on to a server 3 in the am and you see it has 32/32 and nobody in it. thats what we mean by no bots. we are honest that way. (this is an interpretation not an official statement)

[quote1176819989=DyeMatrix]
Yup, but there is a bot mod for dod though, you get the bots from css
[/quote1176819989]

where from css?

[quote1176826553=A Skylit Drive]
[quote1176819989=DyeMatrix]
Yup, but there is a bot mod for dod though, you get the bots from css
[/quote1176819989]

where from css?
[/quote1176826553]

The bots are based on the CSS bot AFAIK and someone just ported the code to DoDS

[quote1176854110=sonsofliberty]
where do we get these bots? answer would be apprecaited. Thank you
[/quote1176854110]

lol sons of liberty thats exactly why i started this thread but still no one has told me !sad

go to console and type Bot i think, one of them should pop up and you have a bot, i have seen people do this on servers and you can do it too just create a server so your by yourself.
and you can do other things just make them go crazy and shoot. they and not very accurate but they still can shoot :)

CSS does have bots and DoD classic has Shrikebots and Sturmbots, but there haven't been any mods for DoD Source. Additionally the Sturmbot developer died in an accident (presumed dead anyway), and all of the code was in his head and not backed up anywhere, so Sturmbots won't appear in DoD:S anytime soon. I have no idea if the Shrikebot guys are working on DoD:S...check their site for an update.

DoD:S DOES include bot code, but the bots have no AI associated with them. Go into console and set SV_CHEATS 1 and type BOT, a new bot player on the current team you are on will appear at spawn..
A max of 6 or 7 bots will appear, but they will move randomly and not shoot.

Hope this helps your question, Skylit.

thank you so much redshift.
the reason i needed bots is for my maps i am making i need to test them and i thought bots would help.
so thanks again redshift and also JMAN.

Back