Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer[Inactive]

Thread Junky
I know that this is a touchy subject but I just thought that since we all play a FPS, what are your takes on gun control? I would like to know any specific laws for the different states/cities and if you think that those laws need to be made tighter or if they need to be loosened up.

Due to the controvertiality (word?) of the subject and recent events I will not take offense if this thread is taken down.

Personally, I am a strongly against gun control. I believe that the more laws that are put in place only hurt those who legally own guns due to the fact that criminals can and will obtain firearms illegaly regardless of any laws that are put into place. Currently Illinois is one of the few no carry states and I can only hope that sometime before I die that a law will be passed that allows concealed carry since it is proven that the right to carry lowers the risk of being attacked on the streets or in public establishments.

california is the same way i think. I live in a redneck town so not a lot of carjackings here, but ive carried rifles in vehicles before, just not loaded...

I think stupid people shouldnt own guns...no offence, but neither should straight up hood gangsta homie g's.

Gun control - Hitting what you aim at.

The 2nd amendment says I'm entitled to keep and bear arms. If someone else doesn't want to fulfill their own entitlement, I'm not going to try to enact some bizarre law that says they must.

Gun control laws only hurt law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by their very nature disregard the law, so they'll have guns no matter what anyone else says.

I'm ready, willing, and able to to protect my family and property against all identifiable threats.

Gun Control DOESNT WORK. Assault Weapon Ban in 1994 proved it. Do not believe the Media. They tell us the facts, but not 100% facts. For instance, Media after the Assault Weapon Ban tells the public that the Assault Weapons used in Crimes lowered. Well, of course, because everyone converted their assault weapons into legal rifles by cutting some parts away and modifying. The Media DIDNT tell us that the same year, The guns used in other crimes rather ROSE. My point is that DO NOT BELIEVE MEDIA and GUN CONTROL DOESNT WORK.

[quote1177506637=DyeMatrix]
I think stupid people shouldnt own guns...no offence, but neither should straight up hood gangsta homie g's.
[/quote1177506637]

lol what he said

The Democrats are always trying to infringe upon personal rights by trying to pass new gun control laws, and that is unconstitutional.

Let us Republicans deal with the guns; we're the only ones who use them anyway.

The only gun control that should be looked into should be with handguns - they serve no practical purpose aside from killing people. Look at Britain - handguns are outlawed and they have only had 46 homicides involving firearms last year. New York had 579. Compare populations - 53 million people live in England in Wales compared to 8 million in New York.

I disagree with gun control affecting law abiding citizen's....all the recent shootings were done with LEGALLY PURCHASED WEAPONS. Yes, I know there are shootings everyday with illegal weapons, but these really nasty incidents like VT have historically involved weapons obtained legally.

I will agree that taking away guns won't solve anything...the bottom line is people kill people, not guns, knives bombs or whatever else.

Hehe I don't have to worry, all forms of guns are banned in Ireland except for hunting, military service, and a fraction of the poilce.The hunting thing is very hard to do and you need lots of tests and training so people in Ireland just don't bother.

They use knives instead...

[quote1177518461=Jeffwa]
The only gun control that should be looked into should be with handguns - they serve no practical purpose aside from killing people. Look at Britain - handguns are outlawed and they have only had 46 homicides involving firearms last year. New York had 579. Compare populations - 53 million people live in England in Wales compared to 8 million in New York.

I disagree with gun control affecting law abiding citizen's....all the recent shootings were done with LEGALLY PURCHASED WEAPONS. Yes, I know there are shootings everyday with illegal weapons, but these really nasty incidents like VT have historically involved weapons obtained legally.

I will agree that taking away guns won't solve anything...the bottom line is people kill people, not guns, knives bombs or whatever else.
[/quote1177518461]

About the hand guns, in states with right to carry, crimes involving breaking into houses and muggings dropped dramatically since the criminals dont know who might be armed and who isnt. They aren't willing to take the risk of being injured. Also, at least in Illinois, you cannot hunt with a rifle, only shotguns and pistols are allowed so a ban on pistols would hurt the hunting community greatly. And the VT shooting happened because they have not waiting period or extensive background check for firearms which I believe SHOULD be enforced in all states.

This is a political thread... and from what I understand it doesn't belong on our forums.

(And I'm not just saying that due to the fact that I'm in the minority here...)

Well in Canada things are a little different
Aside from rifles and shotguns for hunting purposes only we dont have guns
I think we feel safe enough and we dont have the need to carry guns all the time for protection
I dont have a gun and I dont really need one

yeah isnt this kinda politcal? lets get bane in here hes the politcal adviser....right? but you must remember the 2 admendment was made when the U.S. just started, everyone had a gun, was hard times back then

I didn't mean for it to get political. I was just curious about different laws in differen states/countries. Lets just lock it before it gets too out of control.

Hitler disarmed all guns in Germany in 1933. After that, since citizens cant fight back, lets see Concentration camp, mass murdering, etc. Stalin also banned all guns....and after that, killed about couple millions of his OWN people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back