I need a shoping list...

JMAN

EGO Zealot
I want to see who can come up with the best shoping list! what i need is new parts for my old computer want to keep it someone cheep...
what ever you think is best... if it means that i need a new case, i'll get a new case.
You have 5 days to come up with this list for me.
if you have the list that i like the most thats what i'm gonna go with, so don't make me get something that will blow up.
good luck :D and thanks

... I think we'll need a little bit more information to go off of. For instance, what parts do you and don't you need? What exactly is your price limit? What do you need your old computer to run?

If we're talking about your old Windows 98 machine and you want it to run any modern games... I'd recommend just building a new computer.

ok so what your saying is don't fix the 98 start new... i like it ok i'll need everything for a computer, whatever goes in it lol, price rage? ummm how much does it cost to build a good computer? i want it to be better than my parents Hp i will say that, which i cant remember how much it was. i also would want a cd/dvd burner in the list some where, some Usb ports. everything else is up to you.

$500-750 will get you a source compatible computer if you want more detail like which components then u can tell me, you if you so request it

ok i'm gonna say the total price can not go higher than $1,000. as for the parts what ever you think is best. act like you are building a computer of your own, thats under $1,000. i want everyone to be creative with this but i want to be able to build a computer with the list. the list does not need a keybord, mouse, or a moniter. everything else i need.

* i changed the price

well you'll need a pretty good hard drive and graphics card, can think of any right now i'll get to you later about some, or if u get pc gamer they have some sweet comps in there

wow $2000 uhhh.... you could get an alienware with that

heres a shopping list:
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 nVIDIA nFORCE 680I SLI CHIPSET (BUNDLE) with TESTING - $983.00
-CORE 2 DUO E6700 2.67G (1066Mhz)
-EVGA GF8800GTS 640MB 640P2N821AR (another $350 for second card for SLi)
MAXTOR 500GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB - $117.00
ASUS DVDRW SATA LIGHTSCRIB DVD RW DUAL (2 drives) - $80.00
CORSAIR 2GB KIT (1GB x 2) PC26400 800MHZ - $135.00
THERMALTAKE W0131RU TOUGH 850W PSU (minimum for 8800)- $270.00 (if SLi then go up to 1000W PSU)
[no xp disk :) ]
(done on mwave.com, prices will vary from site to site)
TOTAL ~$1620.00 w/o shipping or a case

any other questions just ask

Well i was hoping to see more... even though tomorrow is the last day of this little compatition, i would like to thank roguesniper and Wakka ( i know you would help but school work must come first). roguesniper i would do your idea but i think its a little to much, if you didn't see i lowered the price down to $1,000 max. thanks guys

okay give me today and it ill be under $1K

okay new list also intel cpu

ASUS P5N-E SLI nVIDIA nFORCE 650 SLI CHIPSET ATX FORM (Bundle w/ Testing)
-----Intel CORE 2 DUO E6600 2.4G (1066Mhz) $362.26
-----Testing ($9.00)
XFX GEFORCE 8600 GTS 256MB PCI E ($191.00)
MAXTOR 250GB 7V250F0 SATA300 ($60.00)
THERMALTAKE W0105RU TOUGH 700W ATX 12V ($147.00)
CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB KIT ($135.00)
ASUS DVDRW-1814BLT SATA LIGHTSCRIB DVD RW DUAL DRIVE (Black Retail) ($40.00)

all for **$934.46** total w/o shipping on mwave.com some of the above prices are rounded up to the nearest dollar but it will come out **$934.46** unrounded
im gonna leave my other post how it is incase some1 wants to use that config.
mwave.com can build the comp for you but you have to pay extra ($80 includes testing and compatibilty check and installing software) and you have to buy a case and OS disk... they also sell premade from HP, DELL, other brand names and, themselves....

heres that url if you want them to build it : http://www.mwave.com/mwave/buildit.hmx?updepts=computers.hmx&DNAME=Computer+Systems

and as always continue to ask or comment on anything

You can get 2GB of corsair memory for $135?! I had no idea you could get it for that cheap. Where did you see that deal at roguesniper?

HSF is a heat sink. It keeps your computer components cool and happy. They're not very expensive. It's just a plate with a bunch of metal rods sticking out of it. It pulls heat away from your processor.

Back