What's up with the STATS?

AquaFRESH

Famous
Anyone else notice that the stats are a little.... something?

Looking at the Donner stats for April, I won 3/4 weeks for most kills. Two weeks I averaged about 2,500 kills... the last week I killed 15,000. That's a little too much even for me.

Though I appreciate and like stats, it doesn't seem like they're very accurate.

Anyone else notice this?

Arendile

I made one post
yes i have. whenever i kill someone with mp44 it shows 2 times sometimes. not that i dont like getting an extra kill but...still its kidna odd lol

Trihard

Poster
Ya ive noticed as well. Its like every kill in the server equals 100 kills in the stats. Weird...

Artimus

Springsteen's Boss
Board Member
This has been mentioned to the technical staff.

I brought this up a week or so ago.

It looks like psychostats is reading records from the database multiple times. Not advancing the database cursor? Not clearing a returned record set? Not returning a valid recordset? Who knows?

Boojala

aww man that means that my punch kills are innacurate... oh vell i shant be sad but i shall continue placing mine fist into the nostrils of the nublets (very tired 3 in the morning tests and essays incomplete)

Food_Fight!

EGO Zealot
:) Glad to see other people noticing this. I'll stop watching my stats now and start playing more....or something like that . :)

Kendle

Fire Bringer
Board Member
ok guys, this is a 6 day re-occurring question. Please use the search function and type in STATS. I have been covering this subject for the past 9 months with the same answers for the most part.

I am well aware of the problem and have been looking into it. Weather its statsme_minimun output, bad MYSQL user tables, physcostats misreading, corrupted cron job file transfer, ect.

To do this I have to start with the log files. The log files are not small text templates. They are 10 - 15 megs each of text. I need to compare output with Avalanche and then work from there.

This is not a fun process. This does not happen overnight with a quick fix so please be patient.

I have been very busy with a new job and with the new baby, time is even more short. Now I am mostly doing updates on the weekends, usually on Sundays.

To alleviate some questions about the server/website/technical/ect., I am going to be placing a small page on the server with a hotkey which gives updates for the near future or thinking of. This will also have server schedules of downtime, ect so everyone is on the same page. I will post about that sometime this weekend with instructions on how to access it.

Until then, just hang in there.

AquaFRESH

Famous
Sorry Kendle. I hadn't seen the previous posts when I made mine. I believe you when you say it's no fun to read through 15 megs of text.

Thanks for answering my question and I appreciate all the work you put in.

G

GulfStream5

Yea..yea...According to the stats, I have 292 headshots with the M1 Gerand alone, but only 251 kills with it!!! That's messed up.