Band Of Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Britney

Series has started again on History Channel . I saw it on HBO and also found the DVD used. It is a must see. Everytime I watch it I cry. :((

"BAND OF BROTHERS tells the story of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army. Drawn from interviews with survivors of Easy Company, as well as soldiers’ journals and letters, BAND OF BROTHERS chronicles the experiences of these young men who knew extraordinary bravery and extraordinary fear.

They were an elite rifle company parachuting into France early on D-Day morning, fighting in the Battle of the Bulge and capturing Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest at Berchtesgaden. They were also a unit that suffered enormous casualties, and whose lives became legend. "

TV Schedule: http://www.historychannel.com/bandofbrothers/

I own the 10-episode box set. It's by the makes of Saving Private Ryan, so of course I would watch it. It was made with a very high budget as well, like the movie. There was actually a special episode of Mail Call on History hosted by R. Lee Ermey (the drill sergeant in the classic Full Metal Jacket). The entire show was about the Airborne divisions, from gear, to weapons, to operations Overload and Market Garden. That show is awesome.

band of brothers is sooooo sick i love that series ive only seen about half of the episodes on history channel when is it starting up again b/c i only saw the ending ones.

Yeah, all of my friends and I are huge fans. I bought the box set as soon as it was out. I own the soundtrack. I modded my splash screen for DoDS to be a BoB background.

Brit, I cry everytime I watch it as well. If I can't be aviation I'd really like to do air assault with the 101st which is what they do now. They're actually not technically airborne much anymore. I think the 82nd Airborne is the only "standard" infantry division that does static line jumps anymore. I mean, SF does it when they have to, but the 101st doesn't do it anymore as far as I've heard. Don't get me started on how much I cry during "Why we Fight" because I'm a future US Army Officer and a Jew. So I just cry through the whole thing.

Oh, and I'm not big on crying at all.

ya it is a sad show. Mostly because its not made up you kno. that it actually happened i think thats what gives it such a powerful affect on people. its hard to imagine something like that happening in our time. i mean i kno we have our little war on terror but something of that size involving so many nations is just insane to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back