Xfire Problems with Vista Home Premium X64

Hi everybody, I'm relatively new to these forums, so I hope I am not posting something that has been previously resolved. I've tried searching for a solution for my problems both here and online, but I can't seem to find one. Here's my dilema:

Ive downloaded Xfire several times, but it will not allow me to send or recieve messages in any of my games. I've checked the options menu under xfire, and it says that it has "in game chatting" enabled. This is really annoying! ~:( I am not sure if its vista's UAC controll or if its simply a driver issue. If the latter is true, I'd say its about time for xfire to do something. I would prefer not to disable UAC entirely- do any of you know how to disable UAC for a certain program under Vista? ANY help would be gladly appreciated. 8)

This is probably because Xfire needs to run with elevated priveleges. So, basically Xfire is running as Administrator and Steam is running as your account. I would try to run Steam as admin (right click and select "Run as Administrator") and see if that helps.

Your a godsend Jeffwa! It works perfectly now! For the first time in 3 months I am able to play Dods, fear, AND oblivion with chatting enabled!!! !amazed

Back