DOD:S - What would make our public servers more enjoyable to play?

DOD:S - What would make our public servers more enjoyable to play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a kalt/donner rotation would likely help. Consider 3 people want to play donner 3 want to play kalt, you have two nearly empty servers. If all 6 play on rotation, knowing that the map they want is coming up, they may all join the rotation server. Also, someone suggested gungame. Either that or an orange map server would likely get some new people in. So instead of two emply servers we may have two more full servers.

I think 30 minutes donner, 30 minutes kalt would be good.
think we also have to be careful at having the sessions too short, as we often lose people during map changes as well.

but changing the gameplay dynamics, like longer capture flag times, that in theory should prolong the round,
so that we can keep the users that we do have.

I initially was thinking of something like gungame (not for kalt/donner obviously), as that can be enjoyable, and i think it could
easily draw non-regulars to our server.

My only concern is... that by having the servers:

Avalanche
Kalt/Donner Rotation
Gungame

that gungame might draw some of our potential kalt/donner players away.. and we might spread ourselves too thin.
however... the flip side is, we might encourage people who don't like playing the capture the flag game in kalt/donner/avalanche
to join our servers at least.

although... i think it would also draw a good portion of our eGO members away from kalt/donner, looking for something a little
more exciting, and then we'd be back at square-one, with all eGO members in a rotation-like setup, and nobody in kalt/donner.

kind of divided on that idea, because i know that could be a lot of fun for all of us. Wewo! :chair:

a bit perturbed is putting it lightly, lol!

Something I have seen recommended a few times, is increasing the secondary ammo like other servers do.

But at the same time... that's an extra plugin.

Well... I pitched that idea to an eGO yesterday, and they said that... users are allowed to play any way
they want, and if we try to change that... we risk a backlash.

Though your secondary ammo idea is a good one. Might make users more consciencous about using what
ammo they do have. Though that could be a little rough when you got a full server... so if it "were" a plugin,
you might have to change it based on players.

Though we have to follow a kind of logic as well, if you were a machine gunner in WWII, do you think you'd leave all
your ammo in the base before you left? lol

then again, you could just say they were rationing ammo, as the germans were disrupting your supply chain.

Though I'm not sure if leadership could justify the change being made, on the grounds of users leaving, because
their distaste for you using an MG with fewer players would still be there, whether they had limited ammo or not.

So a better plugin i think, would be to limit the MG class, to something like, > 10 players active.

I think hearing from SniperSpoon who plays the MG class with vigilance, would be beneficial to this conversation.

Last edited:
although... i think it would also draw a good portion of our eGO members away from kalt/donner, looking for something a little
more exciting, and then we'd be back at square-one, with all eGO members in a rotation-like setup, and nobody in kalt/donner.

kind of divided on that idea, because i know that could be a lot of fun for all of us. Wewo! :chair:

So far we dont have a lot of people in the servers as is

Thursday 3/9/17

Avalanche #1 - Still in the #1 Spot!
Donner #88 - Up 9 Spots
Kalt #108 - Down 5 Spots

I mean Kalt is dying bad and Donner is in the same boat. I can see a Donner/Kalt rotation maybe even being started off with a player vote map between the two or just donner for... 10 wins then switch to kalt and vesa versa. Its been the same 2 servers that never break past #50 so we have to do some change. I dont see the hurt in 1 rotation server and then the 3rd server could either be dissolved or turned into something way into left field.

Have we tried polling people in game to see what they would want?

Have we tried polling people in game to see what they would want?

That's a little difficult, usually you get absolutely no reply, and the replies you "do" get, are generally sarcastic.

I did note yesterday, a player acted disgruntled about playing against players with too high of a ping.
I'll have to admit it can be a bit frustrating at times, when you "know" you were in the clear, but you get
some MG or sniper with 300 ping knock you out.

I think most servers do a 200 ping limit, but... i think if we implemented something like that, we might
lose our european audience that play a huge role in our server being ranked #1

I can deal with 200+ ping, but 300+ ping is usually just unplayable.

That being said... the player who had an issue with it, still played for an hour or so after his remark,
so i don't think that issue qualifies as a deal-breaker.

I mean Kalt is dying bad and Donner is in the same boat. I can see a Donner/Kalt rotation maybe even being started off with a player vote map between the two or just donner for... 10 wins then switch to kalt and vesa versa. Its been the same 2 servers that never break past #50 so we have to do some change. I dont see the hurt in 1 rotation server and then the 3rd server could either be dissolved or turned into something way into left field.

the player vote map wouldn't be too bad of an idea...

I don't think the 10 rounds per map switch would work though... because each round could take a very
long time, especially if we changed the flag time limits. The idea is, we want to draw out the length of the
rounds, so we keep the players who are playing.

something like 3 rounds per map, would be more reasonable, though not sure if it would be overly complicated
to set that aspect up. plus, not sure how people might feel about waiting so long to get to kalt, or vice versa.

a merge of your two ideas would be... polling for kalt/donner after each round victory.

though maybe the whole concept of polling might have one flaw, is that... the people who don't get their map
choice, might have a higher likelihood of leaving, especiallyat the "loading" screen.

i think the best method, might be to keep it simple.... 45 minutes each map. seems reasonable.

What an interesting thread! Since Avalanche is the most popular server I wouldn't want to see any changes for that map. Except the game or server or something seems to time out usually when I want to play in the evening. I've noticed this peak-time game reset sometimes will empty the server. When the server empties, it doesn't always fill back up. Just an FYI :)

So this my incredibly valuable opinion on this topic...I've never been a fan of Donner or Kalt. They are okay...I'm just not a fan. Warren's thread is designed to get ideas to make things more enjoyable. So, here you go:

1. Avalanche is really fun. Great people. Just make sure the game doesn't reset during peak game time in the evenings. (If that is possible)

2. Replace Donner and Kalt with just one server and eliminate those maps. I would try a rotation server of "two" fun and fast maps. It's been a while since I played a variety of maps but I do remember Orange maps being fun and also "Flash" as a good map (full disclosure it?s my favorite but I realize it isn't everyone's). I make the recommendation of "fun & fast maps" like Avalanche because of the smaller number of DODs players now.

3. I think if the Avalanche server is full then an auto-redirect to the eGo secondary server is a good idea. Especially if the maps meet my expectations of item #2. However, why redirect players to maps that already don't generate enough interest like Donner #88 and Kalt #108?

4. I remember when those "presents / gifts" were added to the Avalanche server briefly. I'm not sure how I feel about that (maybe not a fan). But on my proposed secondary server, I think those funny voice kill commentaries would be good...like "Head-shot! or Multi-kill or Princess just dominated the Axis AGAIN". This would add some "flare" to the server.

5. So my other suggestion is the "MOTD" function. I see a lot of players type this but it hasn't interested me. I think it would be great if you typed MOTD and it was about recent player activity. Maybe it listed the top 10 players for that map or you added a fun stat of the most sniper kills last week. For me it should be about the players and be interesting. Maybe highlight a player of the week. If this was updated frequently then it helps reinforce a community of players.

6. Somehow I wish eGo admins stood out more on the in-game score boards (Maybe a different color scheme)...I wish the junior members were more active in addressing inappropriate behavior as well. There are several DoDs servers in which "inappropriate" language and tone is the draw for players. Those types of players usually stand out quickly on the eGo Avalanche server. If not quickly dealt with these players will tend to disrupt game play. So overall the admins do GREAT. However, some (especially junior admins) are reluctant to address any issues. When players complain to them the admin will simply disconnect because they appear unprepared to deal with stuff.

7. I don't know the value it would provide but maybe create a STEAM eGo DoDs community page!?!?!? That might help communicate your thoughts and ideas quickly to those who frequent the server (You could promote this community with the schnazzy MOTD function ...you can also direct players to this forum from the Steam community.

8. I already can't aim very well for FF (OMG ppl would be mad at me)...I'm not sure FF w/grenades is a good idea on avalanche. This might slow the game play too much. If my idea for Avalanche and the 2nd server work...then a 3rd "realism" server should be tried.

9. Lastly and quite possibly most important....Warren if you stop "jumping around" and killing me on the server that would lead to a more enjoyable experience as well. I'm certain of it. Just saying!

Okay that is enough from me....good discussion. Have a blessed day. :thumbup:

A.

I think it'd be our best bet to try to dissolve the 3rd server, so we can focus all of our energy on 1 server
and really get it "bouncing" again. That way the two servers don't compete with each other, and we aren't
spreading ourselves too thin on trying to do one or the other.

At the same time though, one of the first comments to this poll, was from Greenberet, who said that...
map variety is important to him. and kalt+donner isn't exactly variety. Plus... i think our players get way
too burnt out on playing the same standard maps.

What we could do is... throw just 1 more map into the kalt/donner arena...

Here is what I propose:
-----------------------------------------------------
We take a poll on the donner map.

1. Kalt.
2. Extend 15 minutes (Donner)

Then we take a poll on the Kalt map.

1. Donner.
2. Extend 15 minutes (Kalt)
3. Custom Map.

-----------------------------------------------------

Either have a random map chosen, or have 1 custom map chosen
each month... giving a person a chance to get good at this custom map.

The only reason why it would be a shame to dissolve the 3rd server, is because
I'm not sure how hard it would be to convince our admin to set it back up again
with possibly a different game setup. Though I think it would be best at this
point, to work on this 1 single server, until we can make it successful again.

At the same time, we don't want to try to "entrap" people into staying or playing longer than they should.
I've seen some people play on some of these servers, to the point where they're obviously just exhausted.
So sometimes people leaving, isn't such a bad idea, as it keeps the game fresh.

So we should think about the quality of our players as well...

It was like I was telling another eGO the other day, is that... we want to make changes to our server,
to help keep the game enjoyable for them, so that people "want" to return. All of us eGO have a life
to live, and none of us should be expected to give up too much of our valuable time for the sake of
filling a server. If we all give a little, one person doesn't have to give a lot.

The idea is to make changes so that our servers can be filled "permanantly", and not just every once
in a while, when we all muster the strength to pile onto the server. Just being on a server for the sake
of being on the server, isn't good enough... its not fun for you, and its not fair to the player expecting
you to be giving your best. Remember, the -purpose- of gaming is to have fun... when filling our servers
become a chore... then that is when we have truly already lost the game.

So without sounding cliche... lets make our servers FUN again!

I wish the junior members were more active in addressing inappropriate behavior as well. There are several DoDs servers in which "inappropriate" language and tone is the draw for players. Those types of players usually stand out quickly on the eGo Avalanche server. If not quickly dealt with these players will tend to disrupt game play. So overall the admins do GREAT. However, some (especially junior admins) are reluctant to address any issues. When players complain to them the admin will simply disconnect because they appear unprepared to deal with stuff.

If you have any examples this may be a good thread to start. Its always good to get feedback on how we can admin better especially on a server that is keeping DoDs alive.

How About the removal of one of the servers....If Donner or Kalt's not meeting the expectation...and using Avalanche as a mirror and adding another Avalanche server in a Night Setting for the Overflow of Ave players to fill when the Server is Full....eGO's Ave' Has alot of Dedicated Players...That Loves Playing on that particular map on our server..

How About the removal of one of the servers....If Donner or Kalt's not meeting the expectation...and using Avalanche as a mirror and adding another Avalanche server in a Night Setting for the Overflow of Ave players to fill when the Server is Full....eGO's Ave' Has alot of Dedicated Players...That Loves Playing on that particular map on our server..

A couple people have noted that people just might not be interested in Donner/Kalt and I don't really find that to
be entirely true. As we have several eGO members who said they would like to play the servers, but that there
just isn't as many people on it. So apparently people like playing it... but only as long as there is lots of people.

I'm afraid the avalanche at night as a backup server wouldn't really be a good fit. (Though i think its a creative idea.)
Just because I think there are several eGO who don't like playing on the avalanche server to begin with, lol and the
night setting might not quell their distaste. It was good fun for a hide and seek theme though.

So far, i think people have really taken to the overflow of Avalanche idea, as indicated by the polls.

And have seen a few people agree to a donner/kalt rotation map... I think it would be a happy medium for everyone
to mix it up, with 1 custom map.

To reiterate, I think if we keep a 3rd server going, we risk the same problems we faced with the kalt/donner/anzio/rotation servers.
too many options are spreading us too thin... where if we have just Avalanche and that second server, we know exactly which
server to focus our attention on.

plus... another benefit that we might see with having an Avalanche overflow server, is that we might get a few of the hardcore
avalanche members, who might never set foot in any other server, join in... or at least give it a chance.

not having an "overflow" server, actually loses us members, as they might just opt to join some of our competition and play there.

I've never been a fan of Donner or Kalt. They are okay...I'm just not a fan.

I think a few people feel that way, I think with Kalt, it can kind of seem a little gloomy at times. lol
I recommend we put together a work detail to clean up the sewers, and Alicia takes first shift. lol

Donner has so many narrow corridors, it makes for easy pickings with the MG's, probably another reason
why so many people get upset when a small amount of people are on the server and someone picks up an MG.
it can be a real meat grinder, and having to run a good distance just to get beat up in the same manner,
can kind of wear a person down. lol but perhaps you do learn a little better because of this.

So I think part of the reason we have the psychology that.. the game is only fun with lots of people, is to do
with the nature of the map. That's something to think about... which is why I highly recommend at least mixing
it up with a custom map... just so people don't get burnt out on a standard map. Especially if some of our
eGO plan to spend long hours filling the server. Playing the same map over and over is just mind numbing, and
as Einstein said, doing the same task over and over and expecting different results... is the definition of madness. lol

1. Avalanche is really fun. Great people. Just make sure the game doesn't reset during peak game time in the evenings. (If that is possible)

I'm afraid the server resets are mandatory... it's not a good idea letting the servers play constantly without a reset,
just in case there is a glitch or a bug, it resets the internal state of things, and probably updates some information
somewhere. Plus... its like i said in another post, some people play too long and need a break... so if someone leaves,
its probably for the best.

Also, usually it doesn't take too long for the server to fill back up after the fact... its usually the transition between the
americans leaving for the evening, and the europeans day starting.

2. Replace Donner and Kalt with just one server and eliminate those maps. I would try a rotation server of "two" fun and fast maps. It's been a while since I played a variety of maps but I do remember Orange maps being fun and also "Flash" as a good map (full disclosure it?s my favorite but I realize it isn't everyone's). I make the recommendation of "fun & fast maps" like Avalanche because of the smaller number of DODs players now.

I don't mind playing an orange map every now and then, lol but i don't think i'd want to play one 24/7
I do like Flash, and i think people who like Avalanche, tend to like Flash as well.

Most peoples complaints with Flash is that its too small of a map, and is a grenadier's dream, which I don't
think a lot of players quite associate with skill.

We actually used to have a Flash 24/7 server, but it was quickly drummed out because there was only a
handful of eGO who actually enjoyed the map.

3. I think if the Avalanche server is full then an auto-redirect to the eGo secondary server is a good idea. Especially if the maps meet my expectations of item #2. However, why redirect players to maps that already don't generate enough interest like Donner #88 and Kalt #108?

You make an excellent point, the maps currently don't have the activity, so why redirect to maps that don't have the interest.

Its like i said in my previous post... the maps -do- generate the interest, but only if we get enough players...
you need a certain number of players or some good repertoire with a player, to keep the players there for any duration.

Its like the other night, I invited all my steam friends to play Donner. lol only 1 showed up.
but we quickly turned 8 people... into 19...

The problem then became... that one team kept overpowering the other, and took all of the flags.
So one side... basically captured flags, while the other tried to kill them in the process. lol
which made it pretty lopsided, and so after each Victory, we lost 1 or 2 members.... which quickly
added up... until everyone saw each other leaving, and got discouraged.

Which is why, we can't just rely on the server overflow, but I believe have to also make a distinct
change to the Donner map... and that would be to extend the flag capture time limit... so that it gives
people a chance to kill the opposing team, rather than just a quick dash for the flag.

4. I remember when those "presents / gifts" were added to the Avalanche server briefly. I'm not sure how I feel about that (maybe not a fan). But on my proposed secondary server, I think those funny voice kill commentaries would be good...like "Head-shot! or Multi-kill or Princess just dominated the Axis AGAIN". This would add some "flare" to the server.

I do like the voice commentaries, but I think that sort of setup would be more useful in a "gun game" type setup,
or an orange map kind of setup... I think something like that "could" be a good server addition.... however, I think
we shouldn't get over-ambitious at this stage.... I think we want to start small, and first... I think we need to make
an acceptance, that something has got to change.

Just doing Ranger calls to improve our numbers, is not a long-term solution... its a short-term solution, and its not
permanent. Not all Rangers have the time to play the servers like they used to, or can play for hours and hours, and
I'm sure they'd rather be doing something else with their time, maybe even playing another game..... That being said,
that is why we should try to focus on improving our current setup... get it working like clockwork, and get people
returning on their own.... not just whenever a group of eGO decide to pile up.

5. So my other suggestion is the "MOTD" function. I see a lot of players type this but it hasn't interested me. I think it would be great if you typed MOTD and it was about recent player activity. Maybe it listed the top 10 players for that map or you added a fun stat of the most sniper kills last week. For me it should be about the players and be interesting. Maybe highlight a player of the week. If this was updated frequently then it helps reinforce a community of players.

Well, the reason why you see players type MOTD, i don't think is the reason you think....
I don't think there is any information there that people are looking at... I tell people to type motd in the servers
because, its supposed to aid in closing the advertisements that are programmed into the page.
Which can drastically effect your latency/ping. So its not that people are looking at the motd. lol

you have a good idea though.... that we could be taking advantage of that interface... by incorporating more useful information into it.

6. Somehow I wish eGo admins stood out more on the in-game score boards (Maybe a different color scheme)...I wish the junior members were more active in addressing inappropriate behavior as well. There are several DoDs servers in which "inappropriate" language and tone is the draw for players. Those types of players usually stand out quickly on the eGo Avalanche server. If not quickly dealt with these players will tend to disrupt game play. So overall the admins do GREAT. However, some (especially junior admins) are reluctant to address any issues. When players complain to them the admin will simply disconnect because they appear unprepared to deal with stuff.

Well, I think you are right in the sense that... there are sometimes some new =eG= members that are pretty green...
and just need more experience. What helps the eG members the most though.... is just being around other eGO members
and seeing how they operate.

I think the other day I seen an eG warning people in all caps, lol

they see something wrong, and they know they're supposed to do something there, but just aren't sure what.
just need a little bit more coaching is all it boils down to.

as I said before, I think many eGO don't really care for the Avalanche server as much, so they stay away from it...
which I think is not really helpful when it comes to training new admins...

Personally, I would like to see more =e= members get involved... just because they have no admin powers, does
not mean they can't set a good example for the other players. That's generally how an =e= stands out in the first
place, so I don't see why we don't encourage new members to be more pro-active. Then again.... you might not
want a new member giving out bad or incorrect advice.

7. I don't know the value it would provide but maybe create a STEAM eGo DoDs community page!?!?!? That might help communicate your thoughts and ideas quickly to those who frequent the server (You could promote this community with the schnazzy MOTD function ...you can also direct players to this forum from the Steam community.

A good idea, but would have to find someone to maintain it... plus this website is usually considered to be the community of eGO.

8. I already can't aim very well for FF (OMG ppl would be mad at me)...I'm not sure FF w/grenades is a good idea on avalanche. This might slow the game play too much. If my idea for Avalanche and the 2nd server work...then a 3rd "realism" server should be tried.

yeah, i dont recommend friendly fire for the current avalanche setup... we shouldn't change anything on the current Avalanche server,
though I think it would be really cool to make a couple of "tweaks" here and there.... like, wouldn't it be cool to have a ladder leading up
to orange apartments from the inside. Maybe add a few more destructible items here and there. small stuff. (though i doubt we'd get approval)

I've seen a friendly fire avalanche server work successfully.... eGO did an Anzio Friendly Fire server, and it went relatively smoothly.
If you TKed more than 4 people in an amount of time, you'd get booted out.

I think its like you said... if the 2nd server works... then we should start considering implementations for a 3rd.
but take this one step at a time.

9. Lastly and quite possibly most important....Warren if you stop "jumping around" and killing me on the server that would lead to a more enjoyable experience as well. I'm certain of it. Just saying!

Jumpers going to jump. :biggrin:

Well, when Warren says he is going to reply...Warren REPLIES! I can't wait to see which recommendations are implemented. I would play on the 2nd server if there are fun maps.

Thank you for the response and your explanations make a lot of sense...especially those that agree with me. Good luck with your project!

A.

P.S. ~ We can save the sewer clean up for the Axis team since they are typically the losers. Warren is hereby nominated to Bucket Brigade Commander.

Thank you for the response and your explanations make a lot of sense...especially those that agree with me. Good luck with your project!

Ultimately it will be up to leadership, they will have to put their heads together and agree to something.
It's only then can they put the wheels in motion and get our tech team working on it.
Hopefully this gets the ball rolling on some improvements. *fingers crossed*

P.S. ~ We can save the sewer clean up for the Axis team since they are typically the losers. Warren is hereby nominated to Bucket Brigade Commander.

oh a wise guy eh, why i oughta!

IMHO, No friendly fire.. Just not even a good idea.... given the large amount of spray n pray player base(myself included) LOL
Dump Kalt and Donner servers, go to a single favorites rotation server with longer map times and vote to change/admin change.
Set the MG and Snipers off limits until 6 or more from each side join.
Def improve the hit reg.
I would really love to see a second Avalanche server, maybe with some slight mods. Although queue isn't to long, average about 5 minutes, I've sat in it well over 20 one evening and gave up. Having a fall over when full would toss all these people sitting in queue to join a second avalanche or rotation map...

IMHO, No friendly fire.. Just not even a good idea.... given the large amount of spray n pray player base(myself included) LOL

I think a lot of you don't give yourself enough credit. I mean, look at how I play the game, lol
I constantly play the mp40/assault classes and when I play on friendly fire servers, I kill no more
excessively than any of the old regulars. I probably accidentally grenade my team a lot more often,
which is usually due in part to dead grenades.

i think if you played a friendly fire server for any duration, you might see it in a different light... on
most servers I've played on, people are pretty forgiving of one another and don't get all angry.
as long as its not intentional or flagrantly negligent, people don't mind.

though I don't think at this stage a friendly fire server would be in our best interest. (so moot point)

Dump Kalt and Donner servers, go to a single favorites rotation server with longer map times and vote to change/admin change.

agreed!

Set the MG and Snipers off limits until 6 or more from each side join.

i wouldn't mind this setup, presuming it would be easy for the admins to setup.

Def improve the hit reg.

All of the changes you suggested above, as well as the improved hitreg, i put in a suggestion in
the dropbox. There evidently is a way we can improve the hitreg, but at this time, leadership
just needs to talk among themselves and make it happen.

I think some people are stuck on the concept that... the game just needs more people participating,
instead of changing some of the issues that make people leave a game. Its like i've been saying...
we can idle in the server until we're red in the face, but eventually once we all get bored of it,
without making changes, people will keep leaving again... Why we need to focus on "permanent"
changes, to keep people around the server longer.

I would really love to see a second Avalanche server, maybe with some slight mods. Although queue isn't to long, average about 5 minutes, I've sat in it well over 20 one evening and gave up. Having a fall over when full would toss all these people sitting in queue to join a second avalanche or rotation map...

well... i really don't think a second avalanche server is the answer... I've seen a few people mention it... but most those people
are die-hard avalanche fans to begin with. lol most of the old ego regulars I think don't prefer it...

plus having a second avalanche could have undesired results... for example, the 1st Ava server fills up, then it loses some members...
but the second avalanche server has 5 people starting the 2nd Ava server... and so they have to wait even longer for people to join.
then they eventually leave... with the impression that "no one plays ego avalanche anymore" lol

i do think an overflow server is a good plan.. we did have it set up in the past, and sure a few people complained about it, but
i don't think it was that big of a deal, and.... I do note.... the Donner server was pretty full, and i think we even convinced a couple
avalanche players to play it.

So in a perfect world... sure, it would be nice to connect directly... but this isn't a perfect world. lol
In a perfect world, we also wouldn't have advertisements on our motd page, and we get a few complaints from that,
but we all know that ultimately the ads are helping to keep the server running.... This is the same scenario.
The overflow would be helping to keep the donner/kalt/custom map, server running.

The plugin we used last time, would auto-join you to avalanche too... so i don't see why we can't use that again....
especially if so many people are asking for it.

Had a couple more ideas to potentially get more players in Donner.

First... make a rule that, in order to promote a new eG member, that the member has
to spend something like 30 hours each, in each of our servers. That way, we get our
=e= members to help us.

maybe even have an =e= member try to recruit other players to join the map...
kind of like a pyramid scheme. lol

Second idea, is a mod... Q-tip suggested that it gets very boring, running around the
map for 10 minutes, while no one is there... so why not give the player something to do
while they wait for more players. (other than flag games)

My idea is... if there are less than 10 players, that something like "presents" are randomly
dispersed around the map... maybe 5 of them at any given time...

you collect all 5 and you are given 1 reputation point.

perhaps we could use something less obvious as presents, maybe have something like....
5 random destructible objects.... that way, its not so obvious... and you actually have
to hunt for them a little.

so then when players do come along... it can maybe be a race to find the objects
(while not getting killed)

Next idea..... is also a mod,

advertise in Avalanche, that if they join Donner/Kalt in the next "5 minutes", they get 2 free reputation points to use on people.

and then set it up so that anyone joining is credited 2 reputation points to use. (for a max of 5)

alternatively.... credit the person 1 reputation if they join.... would have to make sure they didn't cheat and cycle the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back