What does fps mean and what button do you press to show it on the bottom righ corner of your screen?

Killa

Thread Thumper
What does fps mean and what button do you press to show it on the bottom righ corner of your screen?

Yea read the subject 8)

fps means frames per second. Naturally, the more frames you see, the more fluid the passage of time through the game appears. Low fps means your game appears really choppy and is hard to react to.

even though its been answered

FPS = Frames per second, but sometimes it can mean other things.

When i say FPS sometimes, i mean First Person Shooter.

And in Paintball, its Feet Per Second.

Just to clear all those you hear FPS a lot

[quote1178410396=masterofpuppets]
You want around 30 fps. Any higher is nice, but the human eye can;t really tell the difference.
[/quote1178410396]

Yeah the human eye averages about 25 fps, so any higher than that and you are running pretty good

If you have high speed internet, it's most likely your computer (Graphics Card, RAM, Hard drive speed...) There are some console settings you can experiment with to help with your lag, but I don't believe it will help with your FPS that much. Slayr can probably explain this better, but the settings I use are...

cl_cmdrate 50
cl_updaterate 100
rate 20000

These other settings might help too...
http://www.dodnetwork.com/index.php?page=fpslagbuster

[quote1178417766=Baron Rojo]
so low FPS is bad??

[/quote1178417766]

uhh yes, you should be running about 30-40 off a crappy system. 40-50 of a decent one, and 60+ off high end (me=90-100)

Back