Anime What are you currently watching?

Simon

Forum Legend
Advisor
The anime talk has been a little quiet around here lately! What's everyone watching these days? What is on your want-to-watch list?

Currently been getting my girlfriend into anime. We're watching Black Lagoon right now (Mega has a nice review of this in his review thread!) as well as "Your Name", such a great movie.

Let's hear what others are into!

Also please, if you aren't into anime, don't troll this thread, thanks.

Well here is my backlog dating back to winter 2017:

WINTER 2017:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukuguku wo! 2
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Gabriel DropOut

SPRING 2017:
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata b
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Re:Creators
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
Tsuki ga Kirei (just started this and it's 100% beautiful)

It's gotten much better this past month.... Used to have twice that amount, thus why I haven't been working on anime reviews recently. For summer season this is my lineup currently, subject to change due to dropping shows based on continued quality/interest/tiime:

Fate/Apocrypha
Kakegurui
Tsurezure Children
Netsuzou TRap
Gamers!
Princess Principle
New Game!!
Made in Abyss
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
Ballroom e Youkoso
Isekai Shokudou

It may seem like a lot, but it's actually only ~5 hours a week on airing shows. I'm actually a bit behind on the entire series of Jigoku Shoujo, but those are always pretty solid releases so if you've been keeping up I expect that one to be good as well. Overall, in regards to this season, it's good but not great. Some more promising shows compared to last season. The No Game No Life movie aired in Japan a few days ago - sad times to be back in the states.

Anywho, once I finally get through this backlog I'll probably start visiting some other titles again. Been looking at Azumanga Daioh recently so may give that a whirl.

Re:Creators
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
Knights & Magic
Attack On Titan
Akashic Records Of Bastard Magic Instructor
In Another World
Saiyuki Reload
Kado: The Right Answer
Tsukigakirie

Tbh these arent even all of them. Kado: The Right Answer was just amazing. The new anime that are coming out right now are also pretty good, im looking forward to it. But I cant wait for fairy tail to resume in september.

I finished your name. My feels were hit way too freaking hard on that one.
_MEGA _MEGA would love to see a review of it sometime :)

Oh boy....

New stuff:
Gamers! (annoying)
Clean Freak! Aoyama Kun (already laughed out loud several times)
Restaurant to Another World (New episode today! Woot!)
Fastest Finger First (Ehhh... I did academic team in high school. Nice try Japan, but it's not really an exciting contest, even for us geeks)
In Another World With My Smartphone (Waiting for the OP to begin!)
New Game! (2nd season out)

Giving it Another Shot:
Konosuba - God's Blessing on this Wonderful World (I know it's funny, but I have had a hard time getting into it starting off)
Sakura Quest (Started, but never finished)
The Royal Tutor (Started same time as Sakura Quest, equally did not finish same time as Sakura Quest)

For Fun:
Trinity Seven
The Asterik War
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romance Comedy
Testament of Sister New Devil
Shirobako (FAVORITE!)
Pet Girl of Sakurasou (always funny to watch)
No Game No Life (what is life?)
Assassination Classroom (ever wonder if you had a teacher like Koro-sensei?)
Your Lie in April (2nd favorite, the feels!)
The Irregular at Magic High School (Want more!)
Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars) (Why do I always get hungry watching this anime...?)
Ghost Hunt (Wish they made another season for this one. The creepiness factor is fun)

I finished your name. My feels were hit way too freaking hard on that one.
_MEGA _MEGA would love to see a review of it sometime :)

Yeah I'll try to get something up for it. If you want a really good movie that, I think, was totally over showed by Kimi no na Wa, check out Koe no Katachi. I find it has a much stronger story.

Have a few anime I need to catch up on but just been lazy in doing so.
But currently watching this season,

Kakegurui
Isekai Shokudou
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Princess Principal
Vatican Kiseki Chousakan

One of these days I will catch up on my backlog of animes I should watch :p

Yeah I'll try to get something up for it. If you want a really good movie that, I think, was totally over showed by Kimi no na Wa, check out Koe no Katachi. I find it has a much stronger story.

I just checked out the trailer! Definitely going to hopefully watch it soon. It looks great.

Currently I am watching Boruto and My Hero Academia, I am Re-Watching All of Naruto Shippuden, Death Note, Initial D, Bleach, and Full Metal Alchemist.

IK don't chew me out I mainly just Re-Watch the anime I grew up with, I am such a anime Pleb! Kappa

One Punch Man

Tenchi GXP (although this has taken longer as I just found one of the discs I had misplaced)

Just finished the Gundam: ThunderBolt movie, and I want the series to be full out so I can binge the living daylights out of it!!!

One of my friends recommended JoJo...but I saw this video and I'm exercising caution:

Also, Twizz_Army Twizz_Army : Wait, they made an anime about Boruto's dad?! Nah, just kidding....I grew up on it.

Last edited:
I've just been catching up/finishing the current releases for this season. Rather disappointing end to a lot of shows with potential, but it happens more often than not recently. Or it certainly seems that way. I will say that I was very happy with Tsurezure Children. Was fantastic and one of the best comedies I've watched in a long time.

I just finished Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri last week. I really enjoyed it. I wish there was a third season :crying:

Right now I'm bingeing on World Trigger. I'm liking it so far but the MC is so weak it's irritating...

I just finished Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri last week. I really enjoyed it. I wish there was a third season :crying:

Right now I'm bingeing on World Trigger. I'm liking it so far but the MC is so weak it's irritating...

Gate...GOOOD TIMES!! Yeah, the manga is still on-going so there is a small chance there could be further seasons.

Currently Watching:

Sword Art Online

39717l.jpg

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

50857l.jpg

Toradora

86891l.jpg

True Tears

18578l.jpg

I wish I could re-experience when I first watched SAO, up until the fairies.. But it was just so good...

I was watching the Monogatari series (in airing order):
- Bakemonogatari
- Nisemonogatari
- Nekomonogatari:Kuro
- Monogatari Series Second Season <--- I'm right here
- Hanamonogatari
- Tsukimonogatari
- Owarimonogatari (pt. 1)
- Koyomimonogatari
- Kizumonogatari
- Owarimonogatari (pt. 2)

... but I took a small break and started watching Blend S and K-On!.

Latest posts

Back