Anime What are you currently watching?

Kamron

Rookie
=(e)=
I am at the point where I am either rewatching anime or rereading manga because it is rare for me to find something new from both as I already have read & watched hundreds of things.

Snipeye

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Discovered Iwakakeru - Sport Climbing Girls. I've done some wall climbing so it's actually pretty entertaining to me. Only 2 episodes in, but it has promise.

nitrospam

who cares
=(eG)=
Watch the movie! It answers some bits that needed an answer and is a great story. “Rascal does not dream of a dreaming girl”
I went ahead and watched it, I'm surprised how much it actually continued off the original anime and how it provided a more complete ending IMHO, thanks for the recommendation!

I also went ahead and watched Your Name because I heard it was a good movie and had been meaning to watch it for quite some time and figured I would just go ahead. Was awesome to see the quality of animation and the amount of effort that was put into that tremendous work of art. As well, the twist didn't get me as much as I thought it would, but it impressed me considering how much it added to the complexity of the movie. Probably will watch it again with someone like a year from now, when I'm less lonely :(

Now I'm just waiting for the last 4 episodes of Oregairu in Dub. I would finish in Sub, but I started watching the series in Dub and the changes of voice actors (for me personally) takes away from the original connection to the characters, so waiting time it is.

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
I also went ahead and watched Your Name because I heard it was a good movie and had been meaning to watch it for quite some time and figured I would just go ahead. Was awesome to see the quality of animation and the amount of effort that was put into that tremendous work of art. As well, the twist didn't get me as much as I thought it would, but it impressed me considering how much it added to the complexity of the movie. Probably will watch it again with someone like a year from now, when I'm less lonely :(
First off, glad you enjoyed the Bunny Girl movie - I believe the series adapted the first 4 novels and the movie adapted 5 and 6. So it's totally a direct continuation of things, which is lovely. Really closed some gaps nicely.

Your Name is pretty great. Shinkai movies have some pretty mind-bendingly great artwork. There's a good video somewhere on Youtube where you can see the little things he pays attention to and details he likes to include. His stories do tend to be a touch similar at times but, it's still a nice ride. If you want something a touch more impactful and equally beautiful from him, The Garden of Words is a good film of his. It's about 45 minutes long, so easy watching.

jekgog

Rookie
=(e)=
I don't watch anime unless you guys count Avatar and Legend of Korra anime. But yea just finished re-watching them on netflix recently.

GodCsgo

is no longer here.
=(e)=
I went ahead and watched it, I'm surprised how much it actually continued off the original anime and how it provided a more complete ending IMHO, thanks for the recommendation!

Now I'm just waiting for the last 4 episodes of Oregairu in Dub. I would finish in Sub, but I started watching the series in Dub and the changes of voice actors (for me personally) takes away from the original connection to the characters, so waiting time it is.
Oregairu is a banger anime

_MEGA

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=

Needed something to distract me from my thesis so I started watching Mononoke since it's been on my list for a while. I like it. Reminds me a bit of Mushishi.

Bryan

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
I just binged Higurashi seasons 1 and 2 to catch up for Gou. No regrets. I love that they got Monogatari's character designer for Gou :)

Last edited:

MacArther

Keeper of Treeception
=(eGO)=
I've been slowly going through my backlog of I-tunes and physical DVDs of anime to finish them all....still have 1/2 a zip close CD binder to go through.

Also, I have anime on Crunchy Roll and Funimation to watch, but I'm depressed since some of the ones I saw on....other....sites in subtitle with really nice voices etc. are only available in dub with blaringly different voices.

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
Alright I'm really late on this one... but I'm finally watching Steins;Gate. Enjoying this one a lot so far. Okabe is just the right level of eccentric for me. Kurisu is fantastic too.