what makes a good gamer?

i believe that i can break down what makes a good gamer. all of your input is well... expected? i wouldn't be posting this if i wasn't open to ideas :)

Teamwork: 30% (work together, if two players work together they will be 4 times as effective!)
Awareness: 25% (if you're not aware of what is going on in every facet of the game then you will never be able to create a solid winning basis)
Knowledge: 15% (have a plan! know the levels, rules, strategies)
Practice: 30% (practice practice practice! increase reaction times, and build a real feeling for the game! its like driving a car, every game is different but essential the same)

when you hit the height of all of these things and reach your 100% i call it "the zone"
when you rush in with your team like you're tactical ops, you all know what the other is doing and you're never not doing something to protect that team, your reaction time is like a razor, you know what your enemy is thinking and feeling and all those hours practicing hone in!

any thoughts?

I agree with all but practice, not that many enemies will stand around and say, Shoot Me,

But all te rest are pretty good, and i can't stress enough how some peple neglect the use of the "E" Button

I'd recommend learning how to use a Kar98.

Also... 3897134087% don't bunch up and DON'T BLOCK! Nothing will get you and your teammates killled faster than bunching up and getting blocked. Even if you're working in teams, you should be far enough apart that one grenade can't kill you both. If I peek an alley and see 3 guys walking down it at the same time, I automatically think JACKPOT! If there's a big respawn, I usually wait about 10 seconds or so to get back into the action. It's hard to maneuver around the enemy when you're trying to avoid your teammates.

Also, get out of the way if you can't help. Let's say you have an automatic weapon. If an enemy mg is holding an important alley, don't bunch up and wait to get grenaded. Let somebody with a rocket or rifle through. This is especially true for axis and their right flank. If an allied mg is behind the their sniper house, you can count on 3 guys with assault weapons just waiting around. Don't wait, MOVE!

Hupping around as a team does generally work well. Something I picked up in school seems to work if you can pull it off too, namely guerilla warfare, which only works if you know all about the map you're playing and the other team doesn't so much.

What makes a good gamer? Maturity and good attitude....ability is a distant third.

We've had excellent players that ended up being banned or left because they were immature and/or had a very poor attitude.

That's very true too. Immaturity and bad attitude really bring down morale. Try not to put down your teammates or blame them for shortcomings. It's much better to give them tips. If someone is blocking, my preferred technique is asking them to follow me and give me backup.

Last tip I promise. If a teammate in front of you suddenly turns and starts sprinting in the opposite direction, you may want to consider doing the same thing. !lol

[quote1178603817=[Toothpaste]Aquafres]
Last tip I promise. If a teammate in front of you suddenly turns and starts sprinting in the opposite direction, you may want to consider doing the same thing. !lol
[/quote1178603817]

...lol, very true. Like when there are four guys in the allied sniper room and a nade gets tossed in. Everybody goes for the door but two never make it. So try the window!

[quote1178605658=Redshift]
[/quote1178603817]

...lol, very true. Like when there are four guys in the allied sniper room and a nade gets tossed in. Everybody goes for the door but two never make it. So try the window!
[/quote1178605658]

i hate it when people dont just pick up the rifle grenades and throw it back out the window...but if its one of hand thrown ones that can be cooked...yea...RUN!!!

[quote1178622879=ROCKET CHUMP]
[quote1178605658=Redshift]
[/quote1178603817]

[/quote1178605658]

i hate it when people dont just pick up the rifle grenades and throw it back out the window...but if its one of hand thrown ones that can be cooked...yea...RUN!!!

[/quote1178622879]
When I use sniper and miss someone who has been holding the nade for 3 or more secs I springt for the door when he throws...and always get blocked by two allies knifing each other xD

being a good gamer is about havin fun
its fun when you are doin good but...
doing horrible can be fun to if you make it fun

I think that teamwork and awareness are biggies. Lets face it, DODs is a game in which you spawn OFTEN- you can die less than 10 seconds after spawning. You don't truly WIN until you can cap all the flags. So, you don't necesarily have to be a crackshot to help the team. All you have to do is use you head and cooporate to find the best opportunities to go for a flag cap. Or, you can choose to take one for the team and go for a hiding sniper/mg nest/ rocketeer so that others can push their way up and dominate. That's what comes to mind for me when it comes to awareness. I see each spawn as a chance for a sort of "mini quest."- If I see my teamates moving up immediately afterward, I know I have done my part.

Back