NO GAS MAY 15th!!!

Jakemac

Poster Extraordinaire
SET YOUR CALENDARs---No Gas On May 15th

Get gas the night before

Subject: SET YOUR CALENDARs---No Gas On May 15th ..

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station
in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry
for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

[quote1178588629=MajorinMurder]
i'll make sure i tell my parents >.<. but i dont recall gas prices being $3.00 back in 1997. they were like $1 lol
[/quote1178588629]

lol what he said

Yeah Gas in my town is at 3.439 a gallon. What really makes me mad is that they steal that tenth of a penny from every gallon of gas bought. Think about it, that would add up.

Also i had this discussion with my grandparents. I told them that it is way harder to drive these days because of gas prices. They said that they were only paid $2.00 an hour and gas was 40 cents.

so i said, "well with one hours pay, you could get 5 gallons. Todays rates, you can get about 2 gallons for an hours pay...

No offense, but I hate this idea. This same thing comes up every year. So lets say everyone dosen't buy gas on the 15th..... so then what happens? EVERYONE goes out and buys gas on the 16th. A 1 day boycott of a commodity wont work because it'll do nothing but increase the demand the next day allowing the laws of supply/demand to raise the prices even higher.

If you want to save gas just do what I did - buy a motorcycle :D

Well reguardless everyone in the buffalo metro area is going to buy gas on the 14th and then boycott aslong as possible. Western new york has about a 3.039 gas price. What can go wrong? Gas will go up mabe thats the wost but we have stuggled through 3.50!!!

Outbreak - seriously.

I drive once a week and the prices still bother me. I live IN SFC so I really don't need to drive. Public Transportation FTW!!

where i live $3.49 southern oregon coast ... i remember one time where i used to live way back when 97cents a gallon (wish it could be that again)

GUYS!!!!! Its not that bad things could be alot worse and i bet you all blame Bush for it but stop listening to your friends and look at it everything isnt his fault. But anyways the oil companies wont lose any money at all they sell the gas so the gas station has already ordered it so its going to come no matter what. You can do it but its not going to change much.

now that i think about it if we do this everyone would be buying gas the 15 and the 17 that does seem kinda dumb now

[quote1178668802=DyeMatrix]
hmmm i get 90mpg
[/quote1178668802]

I would like to know what you drive :D

I agree with Outbreak, we Californians ALWAYS pay more for gas.....which is stupid, seeing we already pay higher taxes than any other state (and get nothing for it I might add- it goes to states other than our own) As of this moment, San Francisco has the highest gas price in the nation. Lol, I wish we could pay only 3.00 a gallon. For the past 1 1/2 years, the prices have NEVER gone below 3.00 where I live.

Back