[poll] World War 2 movies

Mazeloki

again since we had a poll of what we thought of enemy at the gates I thought I would add this to see what World War 2 movies you guys liked the most.

I understand some of you might not have seen these movies so ive tried to pick some ones im guessing most of you have seen.

enemy at the gates definitely...thats one heck of an amazing movie. i love the part when the german sniper nails the other russian sniper who was with vasili when he was in midair. that was so cool

To me it seems like there's a lot of movies missing there... especially all the classics

Of recent films, I know you don't have
Das Boot
Der Untergang (Downfall)
Schindler's List
Letters from Iwo Jima
Stalingrad
and of course Band of Brothers

They may not be the typical war movies and I know Band of Brother was an HBO mini series but some of those films were very influential. Don't forget movies like

Hart's War (Bruce Willis, Collin Farrell )
Tuskegee Airmen (Laurence Fishburne a.k.a. Morpheus )
The Thin Red Line
Windtalkers
The Pianist
Pearl Habor
U-571

And where's Flags of Our Fathers?
LoL and there's also The English Patient which had somewhat to do with espionage and diplomacy in times of war, it starred Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List), Jurgen Prochnow (Das Boot) and Willem Dafoe (Platoon)

here's a grand list ( poll ) at yahoo movies, which includes many of the classics http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dls?iid=7-586528&lid=255-14778

cant beat saving private Ryan one of the greatest director and some of the greatest actors. :) + the Americans kick butt.

for me?....spv why? bcuz i went to the theatre and got kicked out why? becxause i yelled BOOM HEADSHOT everytime someon died. i also yelled whenever someone killed someone i said HAHA U NOOB HACKER!!!!! they kicked me out and said "noob back to u too"...good times goooood times...

I agree dagnas but I wasnt sure the if the clan members have ever seen some of those movies so I tried to pick some recent ones that ive seen lol plus I didnt want to make the list to long to chose from so I just picked those five movies !lol

Enemy at the Gates FTW! How can you beat a Mosin Nagant! It was the most powerful bolt action rifle in WW2. What's funny is that you can get this same gun at Big Five on sale for 79.99.

If you ever get a chance, check out Kelly's Heroes and What Did You Do in the War Daddy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly's_Heroes
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061176/

They are both comedies and hilarious. In Kelly's Heroes, Donald Sutherland plays a hippy tank commander that takes his tank into battle playing rock music. Here's some of the dialogue:

Oddball: Hi, man.
Big Joe: What are you doing?
Oddball: I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.
Big Joe: What's happening?
Oddball: Well, the tank's broke and they're trying to fix it.
Big Joe: Well, then, why the hell aren't you up there helping them?
Oddball: [chuckles] I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work.
Big Joe: Christ!
Oddball: Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.

Clint Eastwood plays a soldier that has a plan to steal a ton of gold from a German bank, then recruits a bunch to help him do it. Great movie!

Well my favorite WWII movie is Saving prvt. ryan, but there is a diffrence between all of the movies. Some are the battle in france, italy, germany, parts of poland, and even russia! Then you have to look at the pacific war. with the islands of Japan and the Philipeans.

I think that all WWII movies are good but they are just to focused on the european front. Another good movie about attacks in the pasific is wind talkers.

All time favorite- Saving pvt. Ryan
favortite pacific war movie(s)- Letters from Iwa Jima, peral harbor, and wind talkers.

[quote1178650739=Mazeloki]
I havent actually seen schindler's list but im sure its about the holocaust right?
[/quote1178650739]
ya, its about a german who saves the lives of a couple thousand jews by having them work for him. its kinda long but really interesting

plus its a true story so it makes it all the better

Back