What is the story behind your name?

Care to explain your forum name?
So, my forum name should be getting changed to Pockets soon. However, the current forum name, Star of Death, came from when I was younger. When I was younger, I was watching Star Wars & discovered the Death Star. The name fascinated my young depressed brain. Therefore, low and behold, I named myself Star of Death.

I was very young when I first found Edge Gamers. I discovered their server on DoDS and then on CS:S. I enjoyed the servers and community, so I hopped on and made an account on the website. Long story short, I have also had the name Riot, which originated from stealing an old counter-strike YouTuber's name. I also had the alias Italy because, quite frankly, I have no idea. I also went by ClickClickBoom in honor of Saliva - Click Click Boom. There are so much more names; I apparently had an identity crisis when I was younger. I changed my name A LOT. However, the name Pockets is here to stay forever.

idk just liked the name soup and its been a name ive had at least a good little bit i thought it was a good change up from my past usernames which used to be pretty stupid but i like this one alot more, plus who doesnt love food

Well, to begin, my dad was a very popular DJ around my state, he worked at night clubs, was a DJ, and he worked at bars, and he really loved the movie Nightmare before Christmas.

His favorite character was Oogie Boogie, who was the boogie man. So, with everyone knowing this, they mostly called him DJBoogieJ, or Boogie for short.

And giving I was his son and all that, I was LilBoogieJ. But then he sadly passed away, and giving I was his kid, I kind of adopted the name of Boogie, slowly overtime.

So that's my story on How I got my name.

It's a mixture of my first and last name! Sh - for Shane and Ibkuh for insert super secret last name (last name ends with bka) orignally my name was Shibka, but I changed it for twitch since someone already had it for some reason.

All started when i first got my PC and started playing CS, me and my friend were on casual playing breach when these 4 mfs, all named family characters, Stewie Griffin, Peter Griffin, Louis Griffin, etc, and they were absolutely fucking shitting on us, so for whatever reason we decided to copy those names, even has a CS group named family guy. Eventually i just removed the griffin from my name, and now on social media platforms, games, music, etc. my name is stewie.

Dreams. My most recurrent dream was a glowing sea. Me chilling with my girlfriend at the time. She was a redhead and very beautiful (she kinda looked like the Jurassic Park Hotty). As I am also cooking some food and smoking with her. Ever since then. to remember this memory. I called myself GlowSea. For the love of my LOVE <3

The way I got the name "Katashi" was that back when I was thirteen, I was a huge weeb. I tried my best to have some sort of Japanese-style name, or if not a Japanese name, then something that just sounded cool to me like "Jackel" or "Hybrid." I eventually settled on the name "Katashi" for a while. Around the age of fourteen, it became "Mr. Katashi," because I remember seeing someone with "Jr." in their name, so I thought it would be cool to have something similar in mine. It stayed that way for a while until around 2020, when I decided to just stick with "Katashi" because I felt the "Mr." part was a bit excessive. So yeah, that's the short and simple explanation as to why I'm called "Katashi" these days. It's a name that I like and have used for a long time, so I just stick with it.

So, I keep asking people why they chose their names and I was thinking why not make a thread about it so that I dont need to annoy the hell out of people anymore.

Let's start off with my name. I chose United Airlines because it was a meme a while ago. It was meant to be my name for a month or two until the meme died but I kept it.

Why did you choose your name?
so in like 2014 i got my first xbox for my birthday and when i like started it up I like didnt know what to put as my username so it was like hotdog08243 or some random shit and ive basically just kept hotdog for the past like 8 years

funny story! so my old ign I used everywhere was called "The Esport Alien". made it when I was supa young lol. but basically, as I grew older, I shortened my name to "alien" since I liked it simple. although I always noticed, if ever I go into a game, there's a bunch of people with the IGN "alien"! so I decided to shorten my name even moreeeee which leads us now to my forever most ign "aln"!

Back