Fortnite with a Keyboard VS Controller

Saber

=(e)=
Alright, so I don't know if I am the only one who experiences this, but when I am around or am playing with people with a console, they mention this glorified idea that playing Fortnite with a keyboard and mouse is "easier" and makes you "godlike" at the game. This isn't entirely true, though a keyboard and mouse is a better platform than a controller since it has better input and allows for more precise movement. I've played with a controller before and I'd say you can be just as good with a controller vs a keyboard and mouse user.
Anyway, the console players I've talked to genuinely believe that just simply playing keyboard and mouse will be easier and make you better at the game.

Thoughts?

I mean not really. What you mentioned is true, but it also raises the skill level for PC players. So while it is "easier" to play on PC you gotta remember everyone else you play with also has that ability.

I think that whenever your playing with a keyboard and mouse it's easier to aim and move but you're playing against people that are just as equal as you. With a mouse I think your just more acurate depending on your skill. With a console your only able to get to a certain level of skill and than you can't become better. I think that with keyboard and mouse your just able to go way above the console skill level.

I mean not really. What you mentioned is true, but it also raises the skill level for PC players. So while it is "easier" to play on PC you gotta remember everyone else you play with also has that ability.

What I am trying to say is that these players don't understand what it's like using a keyboard and mouse to play the game. There is a lot more than meets the eye. They don't understand that just using a keyboard and mouse will make them better players. Yes, there is a higher margin of skill for a keyboard and mouse user, but you still have to work towards it.

I think that whenever your playing with a keyboard and mouse it's easier to aim and move but you're playing against people that are just as equal as you. With a mouse I think your just more acurate depending on your skill. With a console your only able to get to a certain level of skill and than you can't become better. I think that with keyboard and mouse your just able to go way above the console skill level.

The thing with console is that it has HEAVY aim assist. It is easier to be good at aiming because of the aim assist, which makes those players think they are better than they actually are.

Another thing is, if they do make the transfer from console to PC, they will start playing the game without the assisted aim.

The thing with console is that it has HEAVY aim assist. It is easier to be good at aiming because of the aim assist, which makes those players think they are better than they actually are.

Another thing is, if they do make the transfer from console to PC, they will start playing the game without the assisted aim.
I didn't know that. No flippin wonder my friends flex as if they're soo good at fortnite. It legit annoys me.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

I was able to play Fortnite using both mouse and keyboard (PC) and pro-controller (Nintendo Switch). My thoughts is that, playing it on PC is a breeze, everything is easy like navigating and especially the building because everything is just a press on key. On the other hand, the only pros I can say about using controller is that it has a better aim firing, but it's really hard to build fast because you have to change command to select the right kind and place for the materials that you're going to build.

Back