Edgegamers Ending Support for DoD:S

Not many people remember me at this point, but I am coming up on the 9 year mark soon with EGO. It's wild. I miss the DoDS scene.

I remember you! I recall you playing realism with us a few years ago :)

Well that's sad news,
Good luck with your future servers and games on EGO, I'll go back to BC2 and see if Beam is still around.

Nice to see you still kicking around Broadsword!

I remember you! I recall you playing realism with us a few years ago :)

Nice to see you still kicking around Broadsword!

Glad to see someone does! I miss realism so much! It will never happen, but it would be nice to get a remastered DoD that sparked interest in the game again. :(

Glad to see someone does! I miss realism so much! It will never happen, but it would be nice to get a remastered DoD that sparked interest in the game again. :(

Still holding out for the re-release of Days of War... last I heard that may be a thing this year.

I have so many fond memories of DOD:S, from discovering eGO on the Avalanche server to running weekly events. Sad to see the servers go, you guys are all awesome.

Except you, Anni.

Looking to join EGO server on DOD today for the first time in months... didnt see any available then saw the news here wow. Pouring a drink out for Donner and Avalanche tonight

I started playing DODs in 2013 and joined eGo, then stopped playing videogames for about 5 years and the reason I started again was to play DODs in the eGo server, then stopped again after seeing so many cheaters and the lack of interest from the admins to do something about it, only to log in again two years later to find out the sever is dead, I feel sad.

I started playing DODs in 2013 and joined eGo, then stopped playing videogames for about 5 years and the reason I started again was to play DODs in the eGo server, then stopped again after seeing so many cheaters and the lack of interest from the admins to do something about it, only to log in again two years later to find out the sever is dead, I feel sad.

We got plenty of other servers ! <3

Damn. All the people I met in this division. Late night drinking. The days I played with Meg and Anni and got wrecked, but still talked a lot of shit. Those wonderful people who were responsible for my smiles and the division I visited outside of CS often is gone.

Total destruction is necessary for growth.

I signed back in today just to see what's going on. Real life has taken me away from gaming, but this still makes me sad.

I began eGO ten years ago and I'm not even sure how many of you remember me, but you all got me through the death of my mother, the loss of a long time girlfriend I planned on marrying, and a million other craptastic situations.

I hope all of you are well, and I hope you understand how much, at one point, your friendship did for me.

Sad to see this. RIP fun, old days....

And I'll be raising a glass tonight to all the old regulars, who all contributed to building this community from the ground up.

Last edited:
So sad to see. It's also crazy to think it all started over 13 years ago.. Missing the old days right now but I wish you all the best <3

RIP DoD:s was more than a great game. The game play, custom maps, server technology, and social interaction was a huge leap beyond other games. Many friends and memories made with that one. A special thanks to JohnT and a hi to old friends!

Times have been tough here in NYC as of late, but I will say that I have the fondest memories in this community. I hope everyone is safe and well.

Wow never thought the game that started it all will not be supported anymore. I used to play a lot of DoD Source 10 years ago and joined in 2008. It was a great run!

Back