Counter-Strike Global Offensive Jail Server Best of the Best Gang Event

kyfg

old man
So this has been brought up in multiple ways in vague formats, but I've got an idea for it as a special event.

Requirement(s):

Any JB gang is eligible to sign up, provided they can field a 5 man roster. Each team can designate up to 2 alternate players prior to the event in case they have an issue on event day. Cap will be 8 teams, with an alternate team list, if necessary. If a team is signed up, but is unable to have 5 players participate, they will be disqualified and the first team on the alternate list will be given priority for participation.

All gang names and player names obviously must comply with eGO standards.

Obviously all eGO rules pertaining to scripting, etc will be enforced and heavily monitored during event.

How this will go down:

There will be a random # assigned to each JB gang team and their number will be randomly selected at beginning of event for competition order.

All official times/scores will be recorded, but not displayed to playerbase, so as not to discourage teams that perform poorly in any one event.

The server will load onto the first JB map (i.e. vipinthemix). All players on all teams will load into server. First team from drawing will be placed onto T side, while an event coordinator will take CT side and assume Warden position. All 5 team members will move to the starting position of bhop on vipinthemix. The warden will place a marker for them to stage in. The Warden will initiate a countdown and at end of countdown the team will begin all 3 stages of vip bhop. They will have a time limit of 1:30 (negotiable and open to suggestions) for all members to complete bhop. If all 5 players complete bhop prior to the 1:30, their finish time will be recorded. If only 4 players finish bhop, it will be noted as a partial completion and the furthest position of their last players noted for ranking purposes (i.e. 4 finished, 1 only completed easy and medium bhop, but not hard).

The first team will be moved to spectator and then the second team from drawing will move to T and pursue the same game under the same rules and format. Scoring will be based on total number of teams participating in event. If there are 8 teams participating, the team that finishes the event in first place after all teams have completed will receive 8 points for that event, second place team will receive 7, and so on.

After all teams have completed the vipinthemix bhop challenge, the map will be changed to undertale and all teams will compete under the same format on the Hard level of climb (thinking a time limit of 2:00 for this, but again, open to suggestion or negotiation). At this point, all teams will undergo a new draw for order of this event, so that the team that went first on last event will not necessarily be first on this event. Points will be awarded and scored in the same way as first event.

Third event will be hard surf on quake with a time limit of 1:30. Again, team order will be redrawn for fairness. Points awarded in same structure as before.

Fourth event will be decathalon on arcade with time limit of 1:30. Team order, points, etc.

Fifth and final event will be extreme climb on clouds with a time limit of 2:30.

I'm open to ideas for different events or maps if someone else wants to collaborate on this with me. Time limits I feel like will be the hardest part to set, but I figure if this becomes a semi-regular event, it will be easier in future ones to set these times based on an initial run by the teams.

Ideally, I'd like to see some kind of forum award given to the participants of the 1st place team. Furthermore, the first place team after all events will have their gang credited with 10,000 (open to suggestion) credits, second place team credited with 5,000, and third place with 2,500.

Let me know what you think and what we'd need to make it happen. I'm happy to work on testing these ideas anytime.

It would probably be simpler to use Raphi's 2019 or 2020 olympiade maps, which has a single minigame from a bunch of popular maps hooked up to each other via teleport. Then you can just give points for 1st place, 2nd place, etc.

thorgot thorgot

I wasn't even aware those maps existed, but yeah that would be awesome! I'd still like to keep the formatting somewhat close to what I was picturing in terms of teams and awards, etc. The actual events/maps are all open to suggestion or popular vote for what deems "good T" games.

The idea is good, but just to be clear its involving 5 members from a gang and each has to complete it not just the first person in a gang.

Matrix Matrix that was my initial idea. In my mind it was going to be a team event where the whole team races the event together. But it might be worth figuring out a possibility of it being like a roster where the team can decide which player they want to compete in a given event.

Also R [RSC] Raphi that is an awesome game. I love wing wing and that version is awesome.

Matrix Matrix that was my initial idea. In my mind it was going to be a team event where the whole team races the event together. But it might be worth figuring out a possibility of it being like a roster where the team can decide which player they want to compete in a given event.

Also R [RSC] Raphi that is an awesome game. I love wing wing and that version is awesome.

Doing it with one person will sorta ruin the whole top gang idea. It would become the best individual in which case TTT players should be allowed to join.

Taking 5 people from a gang and recording the number of the last player to cross the line would be much more representative of the best gang idea

Matrix Matrix Yeah that's the original concept I was going for. I want it to be more indicative of how good the "overall" gang is.

Back