Upon writing a research paper

drej

I made one post
I have decided there are enough random nutjobs on the net to have conspiracy theories on everything. Searching for a way to do my part I have decided to contribute to their effort, and would like your help.

I'm beginning to write a paper that will conclude that the government uses the holes in Swiss cheese to brainwash the populace of America. Once my brilliant paper is complete I believe I will write a Manifesto against said cheese.

Any input is appreciated, anything that I don't agree with I will consider the brainwashed banter of someone who ate the evil cheese.

Is this a creative writing assignment? I don't think you will do very well if it's a serious research paper...

The research paper assignment was that I had to do it on a topic involving U.S. involvement in the world, for Honors US& the world... my own conspiracy is being based on what I saw during research for the research paper. My paper explores the dealings of the CIA promoting drug trafficking and drug lords, especially to keep allies against communism during the Cold War.

yeah they put drugs in the holes, oh that reminds me, i need to get some swiss cheese :)

[quote1180089984=The Wanderer]
i thought that the swiss were neutral.
[/quote1180089984]

THAT''S the consipracy ;p ( I think)

alright, as far as CIA involvement in drug dealing / conspiracy, etc. - It did exist. It will be extremely hard to write a research paper on this, due to the scarcity of resources on certain topics. Obviously the government isnt going to run around telling the public how they had quite the drug deal going on in Iran and in Vietnam/Cambodia because it was the lesser of two evils when compared to Communism. My advice: If you have the resources and you are at that level of a research paper, then do it; it will be very interesting. However, it will be a crap-load of work and if you don't have the proper resources, you will not survive your first paper defense.

Write about if the MIB (Men in Black) are really real. Some people really believe they are, and protect the same things as they did in the movies. Check this link out about it.
[link=hyperlink url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black[/link]

[quote1180105555=drej]
The research paper assignment was that I had to do it on a topic involving U.S. involvement in the world, for Honors US& the world...
[/quote1180105555]
If you'd like a little comparative policy info, you can add the fact that the US overthrew the Hawaii government on Jan. 16, 1893 and subsequently annexed it into a US state, when marines landed. It shows how corporations will always get whatever they want if they push hard enough. The Hawaiian government had appealed to the UN but it was silent on the issue.

The state of Hawaii website contains an official apology to Hawaii from Congress.

I ran across this a few years ago as part of a research paper on geopolitics for a course I was taking.

I don't have the original links, but this site has a copy of the congressional resolution:

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/24/038.html

Why include this? When dealing with conspiracy theories - many are largely crackpot theories - it is always good to include a little bit of truth as part of the suite of info. Adds a little fun and spice !amazed

Yep. I'd be very careful basing an entire paper on "theories" that can barely hold themselves up. Stacking them on top of eachother in a paper will lead to a huge collapse unless you can ease in real information (as Red mentioned).

[quote1180112144=drej]
Once my brilliant paper is complete I believe I will write a Manifesto against said cheese.
Any input is appreciated, anything that I don't agree with I will consider the brainwashed banter of someone who ate the evil cheese.
[/quote1180112144]

Hmmm, cheese. If you want it to be entertaining as well - profs love imagination when they give this type of topic, you can inject items from this very real report:

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/020119-6.htm

The EU (European Union) has succumbed to bureaucracy worthy of a deranged dispeptic goat with delusions of grandeur, in the above link, a sample is below:

« After deliberations lasting four years, EU internal market ministers concluded a debate by agreeing on legislation which defines honey as a "natural sweet substance" produced by Alpis mellifera bees – "Mellifera" means honey-making, so what the ministers are really saying is that honey is made by honey-making bees... »

Presumably, there will be another conference that officially enshrines that bananas are in fact are an organically sealed product that can be marginally associated with velcro in that the way one peels a banana suggests the fibres of the peel are covered under the velcro (tm) patent; and that the patent holders are conspiring to add a surcharge to each banana payable to them.

The sky's the limit for conspiracy theories and they can be a lot of fun.

Good luck on your project..... and will you be able to make it available when it is competed? I'd love a good chuckle.

Maybe I should have noted in the first post that I was done with my research paper already, the whole conspiracy paper was more of a joke.

Back