Events Hunger Games

Garrett

Thread Junky
Community Manager
A88SXyd.png

Welcome to the 1st Hunger Games event! This event will take place on June 28th, at 8PM Eastern! Hunger games is an intense PVP game mode in which up to 48 players will compete to be the last team alive. Currently on our events server we have a functional Hunger Games plugin that runs 24/7, however this event will be nothing like what you can play anytime of the day, here is why:

Bounties:
Bounties will be added to the game where once you kill a player, you get an automatic bounty placed on your head. These bounties will be broadcasted to chat, and, if a player happens to kill you, they will receive the bounty that was placed on your head. These bounties will be placed in tokens automatically upon a kill, however they can be placed by anyone, anytime during the event. Bounties will come in handy if a certain player always seems to kill you, or you just want to die.

Sponsorships:
While the backend of this system is unknown, tokens will server another purpose then bounties. During the game, you can obtain a certain item which allows you to call upon a special drop at your location at the cost of tokens. However sponsorships have a twist, they aren't automatic. Sponsorships, once purchased, will broadcast to all players in the game your coordinates, and the time until your purchase will be dropped. Sponsorships can be anything from a golden apple, to full diamond.

Game Makers:
Similar to the popular books and movies, the Hunger Games will be backed by a team of Gamemakers, AKA our events team. These players will plan certain mid-game events, similar to the real thing, that disrupt typical gameplay. They also will have access to special tools, such as custom mobs that can (and will) be spawned throughout the games. Things like mutts, or tracker jackers are not out of the realm of possibility.

Game Makers will also balance the playing field. If a certain team is too OP or is struggling, the Game Makers may step in to make the games more interesting, because who likes a clean sweep?

Prizes
Of course, with any good competition there has to be good prizes. That's why we have a plethora of options for you too choose from depending on how your team places.

1st: 1 month of DS for both of your teammates OR if you are already a DS member, you each get a free EGO T-Shirt
2nd: Split a pool of 750 million dollars OR it's equivalent in tokens
3rd: Split a pool of 500 million dollars OR it's equivalent in tokens

Participation: TBD depending on participant counts.

How to Enter:
Due to the nature of the event, we must have an active count of who is participating so we can plan out prizes, and maps accordingly.

While it can not be ensured, we expect enough players to need teams, so, if you know your teammate, please fill their name out in your entry post, HOWEVER, currently, we will be signing up individually until we fill up, which then we will go into teams.

To enter, simply tag me (@Garrett) and tag yourself and [OPTIONAL] teammate, as well as include both of your Minecraft IGN's

Note: You must be an =(e)= or above to have priority in this event! If we fill up your spot will be taken up first!

Current Roster: 21/24
Pikaslack
Vincent Vincent
M4A1-S M4A1-S
Wing Wing
3dsam1 3dsam1
I cant carry I cant carry
kaZZ kaZZ
mouse pouch
P Power_Outlet
SoupyJr SoupyJr
BlueFoxRed
Matrix Matrix
Kestrel_Man Kestrel_Man
Klundy Klundy
WaSe WaSe
Soupy Soupy
nitro nitro
aspen
Mark Mark
Zero 2.0
sabo sabo

Rules:
1) Hosts, and Game Makers have final say in any decision made. Your experience may not be fair, overpowered "power" teams will be nerfed if deemed for the benefit of the games. Supply drops and other game features are random, and my not be close to you or easily benefit you.

2) You must be in one of the designated Teamspeak rooms to participate in the event. You are not required to talk. You will be moved to a designated channel depending on your team, or when/if you die.
a) Once you have been moved, it is for a reason. Typically this will be because of your death. Once you are
dead, to prevent ghosting you will be moved to another channel, do not move back until you are told to (or
most likely manually pulled)
b) You are not allowed to be in a private discord server or channel. This is to prevent cheating by ghosting.

3) Do not purposefully hinder another players game-play. This includes obsessive targeting. You should play with your head, do not chase the same naked player three games in a row, play strategic. If you are found to be an annoyance to another player points will be taken away (and removal from event is possible)

4) Do not block glitch. On many of the maps there are traps and holes you can get stuck into, so be careful. If you find yourself stuck, request a custom sponsorship via the /sponsor GUI. You are not allowed to spam a block to jump up. The only "exception" to this is using the damage-tick from the world-border to aid in your escape.

5) Rules are subject to change, and is never a complete list. Rules will be explained at the beginning of the event, however all may not be included. Use common sense.

Last edited:
Soupy Senior and I expect a tank and ICBM to be dropped at my location."Not on my location!" within the first 30 seconds....wink wink Gamesmasters..........hehe

Back